Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser Interceptor Install w/PICS!!!!!

Hey everyone I just installed my 4 Diode Laser Interceptor system along with hotwiring my Beltronics STI Radar Detector and have some install tips with pics.

First off heres the picture thats worth 1000 words and $1200 dollars haha.

That came in the mail and I took it down to the lift to get this badboy installed!!! haha the car is dirty cuz its the first day in a week it hasnt rained out here tomorrow my rims come so clean pics will be commin!!! I promise..

First thing I did was decide that the S197 mustang has NO place to mount these things on the back... frustrated I came up with a solution... MAKE A PLACE!! haha this was scary but heres what happend...

I cut this hole in my bumper then touched up the scratches that were there with some paint touch up (never noticed them before haha)

This was the other side with both cords hanging down from the diodes...

After that I went to the front to install those diodes... they were a bit easier but the box cutter slipped twice and I have some pretty bad lookin cuts in the plastic now but its really low and I couldnt see em when I put the lower grille back in

I decided to wire these both up the right side of my engine to bring the cords through a rubber seal in the firewall that was unused right next to the driving column... the cords were zip tied with bright ties for viewing pleasure

I brought the rear ones up through the extra rubber gasket to the right of the spare tire... under the trunk lining...through the back seat... under the running board on the passenger side... and then out this fuse box where I also brought the front diode cords through...

After all that I got the guts of this system out and started wiring everything up with a 2nd fuse splitter (same thing I used to hotwire my beltronics up)

Ok well after all that I drilled a hole in the console on the right side by the drivers right knee and put the switch for this bad boy right next to my hotwired beltroics control switch... Ignore the shavings I took the pic right after I drilled the hole...

So there ya go heres some pics of my STI up on my headliner...

Hope this helps someone and that you enjoyed the pics!!!

-James
    [/list]

Speed Demon

i did...

but please check out that head are leveled... they look now as wayyy too much down looking...

Very cool - thanks for posting. I love detailed install pics.

If you get a chance, take another shot of the front and rear from a little further away so we can get a perspective on angle, distance from each other, etc, etc.

Old Timer

Great looking installation!!! 8)

I agree w/ interceptor that a double-check is necessary to insure that the heads are mounted level-to-roadway. They're very low-placed to begin with, so that will be crucial to insure best-odds.

Experienced

Nice clean install! However, I agree they are wayyyy to low..

Advanced Member

I agree with everyone else. Your heads are WAY TOO low. I would move them up a lot and you may want to drop that rear bumper off to the body shop and get it repaired. A PL2 or Laser Atlanta will eat your install alive.

P.S. Bubbles Out!!!

Experienced

X2

Advanced Member

Also, post pics of the front and rear of your vehicle so we can offer suggestions on mounting locations. We are all about helping out fellow LI brethren here. 8) You have the ability to be totally stealth, so move your mounting locations and USE THE FORCE!!!

Newcomer

Ok heres pics of my entire car front and back with reasons for why I put them in the spots I did following....

FRONT First...

OK as you can see in this picture I hilighted the current LI units with a yellow oval. The orange circles are where my foglights you see will be placed in my new grille that will be here within a week or so. The white rectangles are where I am going to be cutting into to place those units so hopefully that answers why my front ones are really low right now.

Now the REAR...

These units were put here due to the fact that my rear end sits so far off the ground. The rear break lights as you can see are blacked out so theres very little detection surface up high, that rear faux gas cap is comming off to be replaced with a black one next week as well so no detection there... the only surfaces on my rear end are the license plate and the exhaust tips so I figured putting it down low would be best. This fact combined with the fact that ... WHERE would I put them higher? haha theres no place for them.

Well hope this clarifies things for yall and I hope to get some good feedback if you have any more advice [/img][/list]

Old Timer

Can you take the back bumper off? Maybe you could put them here? That way it would look a lot more stock, and it should provide very good coverage.