Thread: Ultralyte 100LR

Power User

Default Ultralyte 100LR

The Ultralyte 100LR is more widely used than I think anyone thought. I just had a chat with a few officers I know. They were both using the 100lr and both were last updated in 2005. They were even using just a an Ultralyte 2020 LR. I shot video and I have pics.

This is not a small department either. So, if you have a lpp you better get it updated. Thank god my blinder jams it just fine . Ok the first one to send me hate mail is going to be staton right? I am not promoting blinder in this thread but yeah it did jam it and I was surprised cause I figured if the newer jammer companies out there surely they would be able to jam them.

I am going to update my lpp. I have not shot my antilasers because I have not put the new fuse in yet.

Advanced Member

Who said cops didnt use the 100 LR's. I thought we were saying they didnt use 100pps Ultralytes in the US. Wasnt that the original question? There must be some misunderstanding somewhere.

Advanced Member

OK, an "Ultralyte 2020 LR" is the exact same as an "Ultralyte 100 LR". ALL Ultralytes are "20-20's", and all Ultralytes either have a 100 or 200 in their model name, regardless of what it says on the side of the gun. The only difference between the two is that the Ultralyte 200 has an inclinometer for accident investigation etc etc.

And yeah there must be some confusion here, since the Ultralyte is arguably the most widespread gun used in the US. I think 100LR is being confused with 100pps.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

And yeah there must be some confusion here, since the Ultralyte is arguably the most widespread gun used in the US. I think 100LR is being confused with 100pps.
    That's what I think too. That's what I thought when I read the other thread. People are thinking the UL 100 and 100LR are 100pps guns. That is not true and should have been clear just by reviewing the GOL site.

Experienced

Default Re: Ultralyte 100LR

Quote Originally Posted by outrun
    This is not a small department either. So, if you have a lpp you better get it updated. Thank god my blinder jams it just fine . Ok the first one to send me hate mail is going to be staton right? I am not promoting blinder in this thread but yeah it did jam it and I was surprised cause I figured if the newer jammer companies out there surely they would be able to jam them.
    My guess as to why blinder jams it fine but lpp had a tough time is because of jam codes on the jenoptik gun. Being an american market jammer, I'm sure blinder didn't have to worry about that one at all.

Power User

Well I have been using LPP for the past 2 years as my primary jammer. Just didn't know that it didn't jam that gun. Also yeah I am not sure about the pulse rate. I may have to read up but I thought someone said there were not very many of them.

However I called LTI and asked to speak to a tech. (I got a woman?) I flat out asked her how many Ultralytes were produced that were 100 pps. She said I am not sure sir. I said you don't know at all. She said just a min. She said I can tell you there were thousands but I am not sure as to an exact amount. I said and that is with the 100pps not the new 125pps. She said yes. But then again maybe she was just trying to get me off the phone.

Power User

Here is the video from today. They were both using the same gun. I am guessing it is 100 pulses but I don't know.

http://www.outrunproductions.com/Las...richardson.wmv

Suf Daddy

Outrun.

PM me Dude. The 100 doesn't refer to pps.
    To KNOW for sure, I'm going to show you HOW to find out.

-Suf Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by outrun
    Here is the video from today. They were both using the same gun. I am guessing it is 100 pulses but I don't know.

http://www.outrunproductions.com/Las...richardson.wmv

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    OK, an "Ultralyte 2020 LR" is the exact same as an "Ultralyte 100 LR". ALL Ultralytes are "20-20's", and all Ultralytes either have a 100 or 200 in their model name
    Not to Mention The Ultralyte 1000

http://www.teletrafficuk.com/products_ultralyte1000.htm

They use these over here now wonder what pps they are. (I Have the 100pps fixed box)