Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LPP and AL Heads on eBay.

I'm not sure if this post will pass muster with the Admins but as I did not put a link to the site in here, I'm hoping they will see it's informative value.

The seller, possibly a member of this list, has emailed me telling me that these are from the same vendor as both those of LPP and AL, maybe they are the knock-off versions? The problem is that, as indicated from previous threads here as well as other AL G8 users own experiences, some of the AL G8 Transponders would fail after a few months, a situation which I am all too familiar with as I own an AL G8 which did just that. After emailing AL CS about this when it occurred some months ago, they shipped me out a replacement Transponder head at their expense and I have since not experienced any more problems. The seller indicates that the problem was not the transponders per sea, but rather the software from AL and even went so far as to indicate that I should replace my AL G8 Controller with a LPP Controller so I would not have burn-out again.

Now guys, I DO NOT wish to stir up a hornet's nest here but rather only to get to the bottom of this as he is offering these at 1/3 the price of the same additional Transponder Heads from AL and LPP and I could use a 2nd head for the back of my vehicle. I'd really like to find out the real story from the definitive sources, either AL or LPP or both. Are these Transponders the lot of defective ones or are these the newer, revised or Knock-Off Transponders??

Oh yes, the seller does offer a two-year warranty, but........ well, you know about warranties......

OK guys, let it rip!

Lead Foot

I wouldn't buy them because they are probably Laser Defender heads or some other cheap and old heads.

Old Timer

I've heard that the "6-month time bomb" issue was either head (water ingestion) related or related to each head's control-box "end" RJ connector crimp being faulty, but never that it was software/firmware related, on the box's side of the equation.

I'm not saying that what this particular individual is claiming isn't true - I'm just saying that I've never heard of it being described that way.

And ".....from the same vendor as both those of LPP and AL" - :?: I'm *totally* and completely confused by this particular statement/claim from that seller.

I'm honestly highly suspicious of this one.

Banned

The 6 month time bomb was because Marco was over driving the op-amps in receiver circuit. He stopped doing this hence no more problems.

I have a funny feeling this is an older batch of those heads.

Also the seller is providing little information about them and their origin as well as he is either misinformed or deliberately misinforming people as to the nature of the problem with the AL 6 month timb bomb.

Either case Im a little leery about them.

Hes definitely a member of the forums here, no doubt as he is aware of the AL 6 month timb bomb issue and LPP AL DS and LD product line.

Any how your call. Im sure many people will pull the trigger on that price.....what scares me is that dealers may even pull it and ship these heads out to customers.

I sure hope not.

Old Timer

Wow, that is very tempting for the price :shock:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    He he for a single head guy with a massive vehicle like you have......I feel your temptation brotha.

Suf Daddy

statetrooperstuff( 82Feedback score is 50 to 99)

Why the two auctions?

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by noorudeenshakur
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    He he for a single head guy with a massive vehicle like you have......I feel your temptation brotha.

Yea, I fell a bit inadequate at the moment ops:

The 6 month time bomb was because Marco was over driving the op-amps in receiver circuit. He stopped doing this hence no more problems.
    Wow ... , Noory , I am very impressed about this information , first it confirmed what I was thinking about the source of the problem ( after cracking up the aluminium shell ... how could water get inside the core ? ) and in second how you learn this information ....excellent :wink:

Radar Fanatic

i have seen these heads on ebay too. they dont come with a mounting bracket either so mounting them could be tricky.