Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FX 35 Cruise Control

Has anyone had any expierence with the Laser guided cruise control of the Infiniti FX 35? I have had it set off my V-1 and the other day, It first set off the V-1 and then the ZR-3. There were no other vehicles in front of me, and I saw no police. This was an area usually patroled by town police, and they do not have laser in this town in upstate NY as far as I know. So I am opperating on the assumption that the FX 35 was the source.

Thanks

Advanced Member

I guess it was the cruise control....but on the interstates it could of been a hidden statie

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Oh, I put the bumper on the pavement, then remembered I just passed the FX 35. Nothing bad happened, so I got to wondering, and posting.

I really appreciate this forum.

Radar Fanatic

probably the cruise control

on the other hand traveling behind chevy trailblazers is a pain...

Speed Demon

Default Re: FX 35 Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya Eins
    Has anyone had any expierence with the Laser guided cruise control of the Infiniti FX 35? I have had it set off my V-1 and the other day, It first set off the V-1 and then the ZR-3. There were no other vehicles in front of me, and I saw no police. This was an area usually patroled by town police, and they do not have laser in this town in upstate NY as far as I know. So I am opperating on the assumption that the FX 35 was the source.

Thanks
    Go here to hear Mike Valentine (W8MM) talk about it:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...threadid=21599

"The Trailblazer/Envoy thing is caused by neon in the CHMSL. It's a tough nut to crack. The ignition repetition rate is in the many kHz range, which is far outside the normal laser gun rate. However, there is a "squegging" of the neon plasma that occurs at a hundreds-per-second rate that fools the laser detection circuits, since these events repeat in the expected time range for police laser pulses. We're working on this (and have been for years), but there's nothing to report as yet.

A growing-bigger problem now seems to be laser assisted "Intelligent" cruise controls on Infinity FX35, FX45, and QX56 SUVs. What a PItA. They perfectly replicate laser speed-gun signals. We're working on that one, too!"

Terriffic. Thanks

Good Citizen

I hate the infinity cruise control system. Last night I was driving on the NY thruway at 90 and got a laser alert, Slammed on the brakes, woke my girlfriend up, and then realized there was a FX-45 right behind me. Even when the fx is driving on the other side of the highway, it still sets my V1 off.

Good Citizen

I was sitting at a traffic light a few days back. Behind me pulled up one of those FX35 or 45 and sets off both my rear ZR3 and V1.

here's one, if you have veil and a laser jammer, and someone has that laser cruise control crap, think the system wouldn't know you were there and rear end you? assuming the driver wasn't paying attention for whatever reason to not slam on his brakes.

Newcomer

I was driving on an undivided highway doing about 20 km over the limit and an FX45 was coming the other way, V-1 started screaming and I locked up the brakes. Then I realized it was probably that damn laser cruise control. But damn that scared the crap out've me.