Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Radar Fanatic

Default I give up

I am getting a job just so I can afford an LI or LPP and a digital scanner. But I have one question.

The LPP comes with one head for about the same price as an LI which has two. Is this head twice as effective?

LI Two Heads: £329.99 = $645
    LPP One Head: £295.00 = $578 (Not sure where from, but the US Rep said $500 for one head)

I really do not want to spend more than $600. Can I get an LPP with two heads for that price? I am not sure where to find pricing for LPP besides one head in euros.

In terms of support I heard LPP owned. Is it worth the extra money?

I will be installing them myself with the help of my mechanic friend.

I cannot get a laser ticket or I will just kill myself :cry:

Yoda of Radar

Check you PM

Speed Demon

Default Re: I give up

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner
    I am getting a job just so I can afford an LI or LPP and a digital scanner. But I have one question.

The LPP comes with one head for about the same price as an LI which has two. Is this head twice as effective?

LI Two Heads: £329.99 = $486.43
    LPP One Head: £295.00 = $434.85

Based on testing by other users so far, I would say no IMHO. That's why the LI two head setup is a better deal since you also need dual LPPs for true JTG performance in more extreme situations. I'm actually trying a single LI head in front and rear for my small car. The LI heads fit perfectly between my grill slats. Long term reliability is still an unknown, especially in light of recent postings, but did not deter me, since customer service has seem accommodating so far, though, don't expect expeditious replacements. I'm still waiting for a replacement from Elvis, the US rep, who is waiting for a shipment for Ivan in Croatia. I assume with those prices you're thinking of getting yours directly from Croatia.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lacning74

Based on testing by other users so far, I would say no IMHO. That's why the LI two head setup is a better deal since you also need dual LPPs for true JTG performance in more extreme situations. I'm actually trying a single LI head in front and rear for my small car. The LI heads fit perfectly between my grill slats. Long term reliability is still an unknown, especially in light of recent postings, but did not deter me, since customer service has seem accommodating so far, though, don't expect expeditious replacements. I'm still waiting for a replacement from Elvis, the US rep, who is waiting for a shipment for Ivan in Croatia. I assume with those prices you're thinking of getting yours directly from Croatia.
    Hmm.... What is the pricing from a US rep for LI? I know I can get A single LPP Head from the American rep for $500. Not sure about extra heads.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by lacning74

Hmm.... What is the pricing from a US rep for LI? I know I can get A single LPP Head from the American rep for $500. Not sure about extra heads.
    check your pm.

Speed Demon

LI Two Heads: £329.99 = $486.43 (Directly from Croatia? Bad Idea?)
    LPP One Head: £295.00 = $434.85 (Not sure where from, but the US Rep said $500 for one head)

I really do not want to spend more than $600. Can I get an LPP with two heads for that price? I am not sure where to find pricing for LPP besides one head in euros.

Your price conversion is in Euros when it should be in pounds

295 -- $578
    329 -- $645

I made the same mistake, as I am having the same troubles you are.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak98

LPP One Head: £295.00 = $434.85 (Not sure where from, but the US Rep said $500 for one head)

295 -- $578
    329 -- $645

That is one harsh reality :cry: I don't think LPP is affordable anymore for a dual head, even if I start with a single.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak98

295 -- $578
    329 -- $645

Didn't catch that either. ops: No wonder. I recognize that pricing from another website. Not sure what the pricing/situation is if you call Ivan directly, but dealing with Elvis has been smooth.

Radar Fanatic

Ok guys, after some thinking and consideration, I have decided to go with a single head LPP setup. I will order another head later. I talked to Alex and he was very helpful.

Now I just need to work a month!

Yoda of Radar

Ok guys, after some thinking and consideration, I have decided to go with a single head LPP setup. I will order another head later. I talked to Alex and he was very helpful.
    :wink: Great choice....you will be very happy. Alex's CS is AWESOME....