Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default LPP 8 second jam advantages?

I was wondering what advantages the 8 second jam brings as opposed to the full on. Besides the obvious if I forget to turn off it will auto in 8 seconds.

Honestly and I have yet to use the LPP but I have a pretty good response time with my radar detector already. I always slow to PSL and mute when I feel threatened I feel like it would usually be quicker then 8 seconds before i am at PSL and muted.

Are their any experiences that members have had where the 8 second jam has made a difference?

Newcomer

In terms of performance, the timer settings don't make a difference other than the auto-shutdown. But if you use 8 second mode, your unit won't alert or jam laser guns in the first 60 seconds after power up.

Experienced

well guess I cant turn my car on and hit 65 coming around the corner of my block, gotta wait a minute first

Old Timer

8 seconds is too long to be jamming anyways. It should only be taking you 4 seconds tops to get back to PSL, and shutting it off. 8 seconds, you might as well be jamming to gun, the officer will know something is up.

Besides, when you say "muted" you mean turning it off, right? I think just muting it still continues to jam. What you want it to shut it off with the switch when you get to PSL, pass the cop, then turn it back on. With permanent jam, you'll be "ready" almost immediately, while with the the 8/4-second modes, you'll have to wait 1 minute.

Radar Fanatic

one possible advantage of 4/8 second might be if you get pulled over for jamming, the LPP will not alert to laser for one minute if the pig decides to take a shot and see if something alerts and hes not going to wait that long. he may try again later to be sure though but its something :wink:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev
    one possible advantage of 4/8 second might be if you get pulled over for jamming, the LPP will not alert to laser for one minute if the LEO decides to take a shot and see if something alerts and hes not going to wait that long. he may try again later to be sure though but its something :wink:

Dear zarry,

The differences and similarities between 8 - seconds and permanent mode are the bellow:

In 8 - seconds mode

- The system doesn't Jam the Laser guns for the first 60 seconds.

- After 8 seconds from the beginning of Jamming, the Jam operation is turned off automatically.

- If you want, you can stop manually the Jamming before the period of 8 seconds if you turn off the system.

- After 8 seconds of Jamming you must wait 60 seconds so that the Jam operation to be ready again.

- After 8 seconds of Jamming you can recognize and be aware of the officer’s every single shooting by the LED of
    system
    . When the LED is flashing green every 1 second that means that you don’t receive shooting but if the LED stop
    to flash that means that the officer is shooting you again and by this way you will be able to know exactly the officer’s
    persistence in shooting your car or in simple words after 8 seconds of Jamming you also have a Laser detector by LED.

In Permanent mode

- When you turn on the system the Jam operation is ready for use after 2 seconds.

- There is no automatic turn off Jam operation but only you must stop it by turning off the system manually.

- You don’t need to wait for 60 seconds so that the system to be ready again for Jam after the shooting.

The basic and significant similarities between the above 2 different modes are that the performance
    remains the same and there is no difference in ‘parking aid’ operation which is activated in all terms.

Yours sincerely
    Arbos

Power User

I read on the lpp manual that setting it in permanent mode shorten its lifespan

Power User

Old Timer

:?: :?: Could you please supply a page number?

I don't believe I've read that entry, but perhaps you have an updated manual?

Thanks in advance!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by speed-demon
    Mouse said that's not accurate....