Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Is there an undetectable laser jammer?

Does anybody know if any of the laser jammers available on the market today are truly stealth/undetectable? ie the police officer laser gun does not come up with an error code saying "jammed"

The Blinder M20 claims to be undetectable and Roy Zeger sells a model which is supposed to be undetectable by Australian police? Anyone know whether these claims are true or not?

I understand of course that you can use a kill switch once you've dropped down your speed, so that the officer can get a reading, but unfortunately, I'm a little cautious, because our country has recently introduced very tough penalties for speed evasion (you lose 9 out of your 12 points on your licence).

Advanced Member

Their is no undetectable laser jammer all of them give off jamming codes

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Thanks for that. Looks like I'm just going to have to get some Laser Veil and hope for the best.

<Commerical link deleted...cVr> say that their Laser Mimic (rebadged M20?) does not give off any codes on either the LTI, PL3, Speedlaser or Stalker, but I'm not convinced until I see that independently verified.

Also, there is the fact that if you ever get pulled over for a random breath test, the cops walk around your car with a torch and would easily spot those two boxes at the front and rear.

Advanced Member

First off do NOT buy the mimic..first off the video's used are of a protoytpe unit and at the 2005 SML the Laser mimic did horrible.

Laser Mimic tried to copy the Blinder but they failed in production

Yes a cop can watch around your car if he chooses to look for a laser jammer

If a laser jammer is illegal in your country and carries a big fine do not use a laser jammer. BUT if you feel you need a laser jammer you should get Lidatek single transponder if your vechicle is small enough...Depending on your car you can get a very stealth install

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Thanks for the info on the mimic and Lidatek. That Lidatek system looks almost undetectable.

P.S. sorry about the outside link

Scratonicity Groupie

keep checking back i'm betting for people like yourself the Antilaser V6 is going to be the king of the single transponder jammers! and its a little bigger than a quarter.

Good Citizen

If it does not return an error code to the gun, what would it return? I think that is the $100,000 question. To be "undetected" by the LEO, it would have to return some speed on the gun. In theory you could hook it up to your speedo, have it return actual speed minus 20% or something.

Sounds like a complicated project.

Power User

Stealth;

Most of the LEO in Australia Run the Pro Laser III so you wont get a jamming code. I am waiting for the Antilaser...they look the goods.

Lead Foot

Just tested the LE-30: On the Jenoptik LaserPatrol it does not produce a Jamming code, but a very common error.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder_757
    If it does not return an error code to the gun, what would it return? I think that is the $100,000 question. To be "undetected" by the LEO, it would have to return some speed on the gun. In theory you could hook it up to your speedo, have it return actual speed minus 20% or something.

Sounds like a complicated project.
    I don't know about others but Antilaser returns E11 or E12, common error codes (which are actually seen pretty often on laserguns' displays, just we don't know it) which are produced due to bad targetting, light interference, low reflection etc. Patrolmen often gets these error codes, that's why they have to target you usually more than once. And that's where V1 gets handy - you know you're being targeted, there's a 50 or more percent chance that he didn't get the reading back, especially if he targets you from a big distance, I encountered this several times, without Veil, without jammers, they targeted me twice or even three times in one measuring - I never got a ticket so far.