Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UK (North Ire) laser jammer selection? Thinking of LPP or LI

Hi, my name is Conor, just joined and i'm from Northern Ireland in the UK.

After reading a lot of your posts and reading various articles etc. i have been led to believe that the only jammer to go for is the LPP or LI.

It is my understang the LPP has the following positives and negatives:

+ Good customer relations
    + UK based
    + Effective product about 86% with one head (any idea for 2?)
    + Legally safer as it is a parking device

- Reports of water leakage (Do the new heads still have this problem?)
    - Is not effective against 100pps Ultralyte (Is this fixed now with new heads?)

And The LI:

+ 2 Head system
    + Much more effective about 95%

- Dodgy Customer relations
    - US Based (unsure)
    - Still reports of water leakage (now airtight with new heads?)

As i live in the UK, specifically NI, i'm wondering what is most appropriate for my needs as i believe our main gun is the LTI 20:20 Ultralyte with 100pps possible?

I'm edging towards the wired LPP, but would like a bit of help with your guys knowledge as i'm still a bit of a novice and don't want to blow a considerable amount of cash on an inferior product.

Will new technology within guns to make these obsolete like this 100pps thing on the LPP? Or was this a design flaw?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Conor

Speed Demon

LPP Jams the 100pps Ultralyte successfully for months now. Either way you cant go wrong. KMPH gave me a free upgrade for this.

As for Customer Service ..I can only say good things about LPP.

I'm from the Republic of Ireland and i think LPP is the way to go for down here..You guys use the same LIDAR as us.

Speed Demon

The LI is based in Croatia. The 'water' issues were related to the first batch that got shipped to the US and are being replaced for free with fixed heads.

The customer support issues are resolved now as the US distributor has product and things are flowing nice and smooth.

Thanks for the replies guys, eire 05 have you had any problems with water getting into the heads or was that just an overexaggeration of a few defective units?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by mc_conor
    Thanks for the replies guys, eire 05 have you had any problems with water getting into the heads or was that just an overexaggeration of a few defective units?
    Yes my First ones died after 13 months of service..However they were from an early batch of LPP's. They replaced it no problems and I had a brand new system sent to be within a few days. No problems since over 4 months now.

thanks eire 05, just 3 final questions before i buy one then lol.

Who did you order them off kmph?

Why did they give you a new one when there is a 12 month warranty i think and yours died at 13 months? they just nice?

How do you know if the head unit dies wil it beep?

Speed Demon

It came direct from KMPH

Why did they give you a new one when there is a 12 month warranty i think and yours died at 13 months? they just nice?

He told me he's honoured warrantys on stuff older than mine and to contact him if i've ever an issue. Andy is a top guy to deal with

Yes..The Flashing LED in the car will give a faint flicker and it will 3 beep false or not start up at all. The new heads are designed to be more immune to water ingress but i added a layer of silicone to mine.

Thanks eire 05, I'l go ahead and order off KMPH, why did you not order through speed cheetah who make the units directly? Everyone seems to use KMPH from this site, but i'm sure u guys no what your doin.

Speed Demon

Thanks eire 05, I'l go ahead and order off KMPH, why did you not order through speed cheetah who make the units directly? Everyone seems to use KMPH from this site, but i'm sure u guys no what your doin.
    Speedcheetah are also excellent to deal with..either way you can't go wrong.

Radar Fanatic

hey. im from the ROI too Conor. welcome to the site.

i got my LPP from the KMPH crew in the UK.

yep they really are very good to deal with and the customer service i got from them was great to say the least. i had an issue with my first one and it was replaced quickly and with no problem. when the issue repeated itself recently i contacted them directly over the phone and we solved it after a busy evening. it turns out that my car caused it through using an incorrect power supply.

if the head or cbox gives you trouble it will beep and the led will flash red to let you know its in trouble. if its ok it flashes green.

it really is the best choice for here as it is sold legally as a parking sensor and the parking function remains on the whole time to prove this.