Newcomer

Default How to verify/test ALG8 is working?

I installed an ALG8 several months ago and am still not convinced it actually works correctly. How do I "test" or simulate a laser attack? I am guessing the answer is the same regardless of which laser jammer device one owns.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: How to verify/test ALG8 is working?

Quote Originally Posted by jaynyc
    I installed an ALG8 several months ago and am still not convinced it actually works correctly. How do I "test" or simulate a laser attack? I am guessing the answer is the same regardless of which laser jammer device one owns.
    Order one of these:
    Laser Jammer Tester Thread

Speed Demon

jaynyc,to find out if your AL G8 is working properly,you don't need to simulate a LiDAR shot.Just check,if AL G8's parking distance control works or not.If it works,then you know it's working correctly and it will respond to a real LIDAR attack.

Turn on AL G8,hold a credit card in front of the sensor and set your cell phone (or a camera) in night shot mode.If the laser diode is flashing and you hear a audio alarm when you hold a credit card in front of the receiver,then your AL G8 system is OK.

Advanced Member

Hey Jaynyc, if you are free this Saturday between 6 and 7 pm, you can meet me at ICS Performance in Stamford, CT and I'll test it with an actual gun for free. I planned on picking up some stuff there and leaving but if you can be there at 6-615, we can do maybe 5 to 10 runs. Let me know how that works for you.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlame
    jaynyc,to find out if your AL G8 is working properly,you don't need to simulate a LiDAR shot.Just check,if AL G8's parking distance control works or not.If it works,then you know it's working correctly and it will respond to a real LIDAR attack.

Turn on AL G8,hold a credit card in front of the sensor and set your cell phone (or a camera) in night shot mode.If the laser diode is flashing and you hear a audio alarm when you hold a credit card in front of the receiver,then your AL G8 system is OK.
    can you explain more about what to do with the camera/phone? am confused.

Yoda of Radar

Turn the jammer on and look at the heads through your camera on your phone you should be able to see the heads firing....

Speed Demon

Put you Camera (or cell phone camera) in night shot mode and watch if the heads are flashing/reacting when you hold the credit card (or any other reflective flat object) in front of AL head.You should also hear a audio alert,when you do this.Beeps should be faster when you move the credit card closer to the AL's head and -vice versa- slower beep rate when you're slowly moving the credit card away from the head.

This test is the easyest way to tell,if your LJ system is working correctly.If the parking assistance feature works,that means the receiveing diode and transmiting Laser diode are working/responding correctly.

You should take PMoth's offer and test with the real Police LiDAR Gun.That way you could see ,not only AL's performance, but more importantly,how good is your AL's head position and -if necessary- adjust or move the heads on different location.You have a great opportunity to "fine tune" your LJ installation.

Do you even need night mode? Most digital cameras will pick up IR as it is. I'll have to try this on my LPPs, it should work too right?