Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default POP Then Laser Hit?

I was on the Turnpike this morning when all of a sudden my V1 gives me a quick K band alert. About a 1/4 of a mile further down the road I see a State Trooper. At about 400' I get lasered. Could he have been running POP radar to get a general reading then lasering people based on that intial POP reading?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

It's funny that you say that. Today I got a quick KA band alert, and about 5 seconds later I got lasered. But I didn't see any police around. I have no idea what happen.

Default Re: POP Then Laser Hit?

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    I was on the Turnpike this morning when all of a sudden my V1 gives me a quick K band alert. About a 1/4 of a mile further down the road I see a State Trooper. At about 400' I get lasered. Could he have been running POP radar to get a general reading then lasering people based on that intial POP reading?

why would he go to all that trouble when lazer works just fine in nailing detector users...? :cry:

Old Timer

It's Ohio. They are cool like that

Founder of Stealthvation

Ohio brings out only the BEST police officers. A lot of them like to BEEEEEEEEEP with you. Here is one example. A few years ago my friends father was taking us back to OSU. We were traveling through one of these little cities when all of a sudden a police car pulled up right behind us tailgating us. His Valentine One kept going off on K band. The officer was using instant on to make the V1 light up V <> He kept doing this for about 5 miles just screwing with us. My friend's father was VERY close to slamming his brakes and having the officer's cruisers slam behind us but he did not.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

I should probably point out that the officer was probably just using your father's vehicle for cover to nail speeders coming in the opposite direction on the highway. I have noticed that highway patrol officers especially in marked cruisers like using this technique because they cannot be seen from a distance by an oncoming speeder. Once the victim appears they get a nasty instant-on surprise. They especially like using SUVs and vans for this purpose. My brother who does not use a detector was nailed like this last Fourth of July weekend. My sister drives an SUV and uses a detector. She had a patrolman follow her for over 10 miles before nabbing a victim this way as well.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Ohio brings out only the BEST police officers. A lot of them like to BEEEEEEEEEP with you. Here is one example. A few years ago my friends father was taking us back to OSU. We were traveling through one of these little cities when all of a sudden a police car pulled up right behind us tailgating us. His Valentine One kept going off on K band. The officer was using instant on to make the V1 light up V <> He kept doing this for about 5 miles just screwing with us. My friend's father was VERY close to slamming his brakes and having the officer's cruisers slam behind us but he did not.
    Off topic, but one time an officer was following me around turn after turn for like 5 minutes, and he kept riding my bumper, so i stuck my foot on the brake hard at one point, then kept going. Of coarse I was pulled over- and sure enough first this he said "WERE YOU TRYING TO GET US INTO AN ACCIDENT?" & my response? "Officer, I saw a deer!!"

Shut him up good

Radar Fanatic

I've had officers latch on to my bumper like that. I don't know what they're trying accomplish, unless they're demonstrating how NOT to drive. Certainly doesn't help them gain much in the way of respect.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Off topic, but one time an officer was following me around turn after turn for like 5 minutes, and he kept riding my bumper, so i stuck my foot on the brake hard at one point, then kept going. Of coarse I was pulled over- and sure enough first this he said "WERE YOU TRYING TO GET US INTO AN ACCIDENT?" & my response? "Officer, I saw a deer!!"

Shut him up good
    That's pretty funny

I've had them ride my bumper before. Sometimes it almost seems like they're trying to make me speed up, so they can then nail me for speeding...

Jim

Old Timer

I asked why the follow so close, adn they claim they are trying to hide themselves to oncoming traffic.