Default Legality of LPP and laser jammers in UK?

Surely LPP is a parking device and is legal? The front of my car is so low to the ground i don't want to scrape it against a kirb.

Apparently over 5,000 people have laser devices installed in the UK and only one person has recieved a conviction of PCOJ (perverting the course of justice), 12 month driving ban and £6,000 fine ($12,000).

He had an lt-400 but no garage door opener to prove its use.

So therefore the odds of getting caught in UK are approx 1 in 5,000. And i use LPP for parking which would hold up in court?

Anyone from the UK know of any advice?

Advanced Member

Yeah dont get caught....

The location of the jammer heads needs to be trade off between stealth and performance. I would also avoid placing them on the rear of your vehicle since imho they are harder to stealth.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Legality of LPP and laser jammers in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by mc_conor
    Surely LPP is a parking device and is legal? The front of my car is so low to the ground i don't want to scrape it against a kirb.

Apparently over 5,000 people have laser devices installed in the UK and only one person has recieved a conviction of PCOJ (perverting the course of justice), 12 month driving ban and £6,000 fine ($12,000).

He had an lt-400 but no garage door opener to prove its use.

So therefore the odds of getting caught in UK are approx 1 in 5,000. And i use LPP for parking which would hold up in court?

Anyone from the UK know of any advice?
    HOLY ****** :shock:

The thing is over here if they are suspicious they have your numberplate. Then they check their database to find out where you live and come pay you a visit and have a friendly look at your car.

I'm starting to get worried it looks like it works out better to be caught doing 170+ than doing 10mph over the limit and jamming it.

Experienced

from what i understand - slow down quickly and switch it off and hopefully they will get a reading and just think that the gun was playing up! i hope

i was looking into getting a rear jammer but were the hell are they supose to go to be stealthed? especially the flat jammers, blinder heads etc. even on the front they stick out the grill a bit on some cars....
    i've seen some mounted behind a fine meshed grill on lexus etc but still that will affect the performance so its a tough choice.

im pritty sure that the LPP is legal as it is a parking device that just happens to jam laser guns aswell. i was looking at a review of it on one of the UK webistes and it mentioned this and how it was staying on his car since it was legal.
    HTH.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by maty j
    from what i understand - slow down quickly and switch it off and hopefully they will get a reading and just think that the gun was playing up! i hope
    :wink:

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by maty j
    i was looking into getting a rear jammer but were the hell are they supose to go to be stealthed? especially the flat jammers, blinder heads etc. even on the front they stick out the grill a bit on some cars....
    i've seen some mounted behind a fine meshed grill on lexus etc but still that will affect the performance so its a tough choice.
    If concealment is among your top needs, you'll either have to sacrifice a little performance or, alternatively, be willing to do more work on your part.....

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...hlight=fulcrum

Look at fulcrum's setup.

Also, look at the M5's setup here:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...&highlight=bmw

Look at how the heads are "embedded" in the front bumper's rub-lines. A similar setup was originated by Alex Roy on his M5, albeit with Blinder heads, in such a position, both front *and* rear (the link-cited M5 utilizes placement which should optimize plate-related rear threats).

Unfortunately oncealment - particularly *with* performance in-mind, is *never* easy.

What vehicle do you drive? Can you post some pictures of either your vehicle (with the necessary sanitation of identifying features, of course) or vehicles like it? This can help us generate ideas for you.

Experienced

Fulcrums is one stealthy rear set up. i doubt i'd be brave enough to hack up the rear of my car though. i like the idea of having the heads behind the light lense but again how much is performance decreased using this method. the install on that M5 front jammers is pritty slick too :wink:
    Last edited by maty j; 06-01-2008 at 03:43 PM.