Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Do these jammers REALLY help with parking?

So I've heard that one of the benefits of these devices (and I plan to buy a diode based one soon, the Blinder M25 is sitting on my desk, new in a box if anyone wants to buy!) is it helps with parking. (hence the "P.A.S.S." moniker, and how the LI seems to be marketed on eBay...)

Really?

Someone care to explain?

Old Timer

At least with the PASS and LPP, the parking sensor remains on all the time. If you look at them in IR mode, you can see them sending out a pulse every second. I'm guessing that once they see enough of there pulse returned, they'll beep.

I really like it when parking at the school garage. I pull up to the wall, and I'll stop once the beep starts. Perfect distance everytime. Well that was with the LPP. I still haven't parked on campus with the PASS. Actually, the PASS seems like an improvement since it has three sets of beeps, depending on how close you are to an object.

With the LI, the first 15 seconds it's in parking mode, then it shuts off. I guess if you really wanted to use it to park, you'd have to shut it off, then turn it back on, and park before the 15 seconds are up? I think you might be able to change how long it stays on, though, but not sure. I think the LI has two sets of beeps.
    Last edited by ELVATO; 06-02-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Advanced Member

The PASS, LPP, AL, and LS I and sure are quite good at parking but the LI in parking sensor mode is't the best but i don't use it for that

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

I thought the LI had some kind of feature to where you could temporarly remain a parking sensor until you wanted to switch it back to a jammer incase a LEO really questioned the 'parking sensor'?
    something I read on the LI forums..

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    I think you might be able to change how long it stays on, though, but not sure. I think the LI has two sets of beeps.
    Yes, you can change the duration of the parking aid and you can set as many seconds you want with the software!

The LI has two sets of beeps: the longer(when you are not very closed to an obstacle) and the faster(when you are very closed to an obstacle)
    Last edited by christosxo; 06-03-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgesrt4driver View Post
    I thought the LI had some kind of feature to where you could temporarly remain a parking sensor until you wanted to switch it back to a jammer incase a LEO really questioned the 'parking sensor'?
    something I read on the LI forums..
    In a jam, no pun intended, if the LEO wants to see it indeed operate as the parking sensor you claim it to be, just keep powering it on and off as he approachs the front of your car and ask him to put his hand in front of one of the sensors in replicate what the MLS (Multi Purpose Laser System) would do when parking. This should satisfy his curiosity as well as verify your claim that it is indeed not a jammer but rather a parking sensor device. I know this works as I have used this exact same scenario when asked by LEOs I work with in my other business in response to their inquires as to what they are.

Cliff - C55
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 06-03-2008 at 05:22 AM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by C55 View Post
    In a jam, no pun intended, if the LEO wants to see it indeed operate as the parking sensor you claim it to be, just keep powering it on and off as he approachs the front of your car and ask him to put his hand in front of one of the sensors in replicate what the MLS (Multi Purpose Laser System) would do when parking. This should satisfy his curiosity as well as verify your claim that it is indeed not a jammer but rather a parking sensor device. I know this works as I have used this exact same scenario when asked by LEOs I work with in my other business in response to their inquires as to what they are.

Cliff - C55
    Nice!!
    I think I'm deffinatley leaning more torwards an LI now than a ZR4.

Professional

I use my LI when parking ouside my garage door. I cycle the power when I get close to put it back into parking aid mode, and stop when the beeps change from slow to fast.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by edweird View Post
    I use my LI when parking ouside my garage door. I cycle the power when I get close to put it back into parking aid mode, and stop when the beeps change from slow to fast.
    Ha! Imagine that, someone using a "Parking Sensor" for just that purpose. How novel.

"But that's what it is, a Parking Sensor" Officer, Trooper, Deputy, wife, girlfriend.....

Cliff - C55