Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Two cars, only one Jammer....

Last edited by tosi; 02-27-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Old Timer

Once every few weeks should have you really very, very quick with the installs. I'd think that a 30-minute change-over should easily be possible.

Get modular with the in-cabin power-source connection for the control box, and have a good way to quickly route wiring for the heads from inside-cabin to the front of the car, past the firewall.

I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by tosi View Post
    I drive two cars pretty much 50/50, but I don't switch day to day, its more like week to week. I'm most likely purchasing a dual head LI at the end of this month (waiting for my paycheck). Now here is my line of thought....The jammer heads and the CPU box are the most expensive things (correct me if I'm wrong) So I was thinking of purchasing a duplicate of everything else. Then swapping out the jammer heads and CPU box, depending on what car I'm driving. I'm wondering if something like this would work. I don't mind if the swap takes 15-30 minutes since I would only be doing it once every few weeks. Thanks in advance, Mike

It's up to you.I do think you'll get tired after awhile,but to each there own.Depending on how well the ZR4 testing goes,i would just purchase two of those and call it good.

Last edited by tosi; 02-27-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Old Timer

Currently, there does not exist any pre-fabricated wiring that runs from the head to the control-box as an "individual/stand-alone" component.

As-such, if you elect to do this, you'll have to source, chop, and crimp your own.

The other issue that comes into play would be one of wiring distance - too long, and there's enough of a time delay between reception of the signal at the head to response-time generated, which can cause PTs.

I *_think_* that with minimal length, such a modular setup as you've imagined it, tosi, can be accomplished, but be careful of the length of the wire run between the head and the control-box as you're undertaking that part of your custom setup.

Professional

Go for LPP + Cheetah wireless kit.

The LPP mounts better support easy mounting and unmounting, and the wireless kit will make your job a breeze

Radar Fanatic

Be a baller and buy two LI units.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tosi View Post
    One car I purchased for 900 other for 2500, that would be 3400 in cars, and 1700 in speed detection/countermeasure equipment (I have a V1 also) (of course now they are worth 5k and 12k respectively, but thats besides the point) I'm pushing it with my balance sheet by buying just one, but the MA SP have forced me into it plus they have to use the hardest jun to jam , so I need something as close to 100% effective as possible since I get shot by laser all the time (still no ticket, have been using the visual scanning and rabbit techniques, but one of these days.....)
    I understand the worth of the cars, but the only item I would be moving from car to car would be the V1.

I plan on doing the same (buying a second car and wanting protection for both cars)