Lead Foot

Default Tested the Lidatek LE-30: WOW!

Since I am working with the Jenoptik LaserPatrol and various laserjammers available in Holland fo about 4 to 5 years, I think I can say I am some sort of expert.

I received a LE-30 recently, had it in my car for some time now. It has some handy features like connecting it to you handbrake light, so when you get lasered that light will go off.

I have it installed in the about middle of a mid sized car (Renault Laguna). I found out that is is very sensative to placement. It has to look exactly horizontal straight ahead. And it is SENSATIVE to laser!

In Germany they have now Toll sensors that apperently work with laser. My LE-20 doesn't go off on them, the LE-30 did. Very scary driving 180 km/u and this things goes off: Heart attack!!

So we did some static testing. My car parked at 600/400/200/100/85 meters away. We tested by aiming on both headlights and the center.
    When the LE-30 was pointing a little to the right, at 200 meters it was possbile to get a measurement on the left headlight (from drivers point of view). When we corrected it, there was absolutely no measurement possible at the above mentioned ranges. And we tried!

But! What was very astonishing to me is the following: So my car is standing about 400 meters away from the laser. There was a car coming from my behind and it passes me. My friend (experienced in operating the laser) tried for fun lasering the car when it was between him and me. That car was blocking completely the view on my car. The LE-30 went off! So we thought: Lucky shot and we tried this with other cars and als some SUV's. Still the LE-30 went of. It wont jam anything offcourse, but still it is nice to know that if a person in front of you gets lasered, you will have a high chance of getting an alarm.
    We have tried this in the past with other laserjammers and sensors (like the ones with a Bel975) and found that there is no alarm when you laser a car on the front license plate. The only way to get an alarm is when you laser the windscreen. Then you have a change to get an alarm. So we concluded that the LE-30 is extremely sensative.
    We tested also a LT-400 (from Target Automotive) and found that this was less sensative then the LE-30. It did not go off on our attempts to laser passing cars.
    At 200 meters though the chance of getting an alarm on the LE-30 was minimal though (so the passing car is at a distance of about 100 meters to the laser).

I'd say: The best I have seen sofar!

Pictures and movies will follow.

Founder of Stealthvation

Does not surprise me one bit. I have heard the same thing from other reliable sources on how well Lidatek LE30 performs. I think that when they heavily modified Jason's unit for our 7/16 testing they screwed it up. It is nice to see a RETAIL unit perform that good. Mine was modified for 10 second firing time and thus far it is performing flawlessly in the real world.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

They only thing I didn't like was that when the unit stops jamming, and the officer keeps lasering, there is no alternative alarm. The LE-20 gave then a different signal.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Flitsservice.nl
    They only thing I didn't like was that when the unit stops jamming, and the officer keeps lasering, there is no alternative alarm. The LE-20 gave then a different signal.
    Good point. THey could modify it and add this extre feature. I guess this is where my V1 comes into play :twisted:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Well, once the thing goes off, you know enough ofcourse.

Speed Demon

The thing you got to know is that you got to BRAAAKKKEEEE FASSST :twisted:

Yoda of Radar

What toll sensors? These are not for giving tickets of course?

Lead Foot

Those portals are all over the country.