View Poll Results: Would you still use a laser jammer if they were illegal and carried $1000 penalty and 1 year in jail

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Yes, they will never catch me

21 60.00%
  • 2. No, not a chance

12 34.29%
  • 3. Maybe, they don't use laser where I live

0 0%
  • 4. Jammer? No I like jelly when I am toast

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Longsnowsm

Default Would you still use a jammer if they were illegal?

If Laser jammers were to become illegal and carried a $1000 fine and 1 year in jail would you still use a laser jammer? Not to mention confiscation and destruction of your equipment? Just curious how folks here would react to such stiff laws. Thoughts?

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Lead Foot

If the laws were that stiff everywhere, then it would be see you later to my Blinder M40. To compensate, I would ditch my RX-65 for a V1 and really stealth my car to laser. I would get a black paint job and possibly custom fabricated plastic front and rear bumper covers that could be safely coated with Veil for my car. I would also use a heavier coat of Veil on my Laser Shield, headlights, tail lights, and turn signals. I may be brave enough to use a photocopied license plate instead of a real one too.

Speed Demon

Maybe, they don't use laser where I live
    Just a thought.Why would you want a laser jammer if it was rarely used ?

Advanced Member

Still be jamming away..Lidatek is so small it's barely visible unlike other larger jammers

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

I used an active radar jammer for years and only once did I get pulled over. I got completely nailed on more than a few occasions and never got more than an really odd stare. On the occasion where I did get pulled over I suspect the officer might have had a idea but he never quizzed me on it. He asked me if my driving lights worked so I suspect he thought I had an old Remote Systems unit stuffed into one. Once I turned the lights on he shrugged his shoulders.

If they make laser jammers illegal...I'll have to come up with a laser collision avoidance system that just happens to "interfere" with certain laser devices.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by 2600-hotbird
    If they make laser jammers illegal...I'll have to come up with a laser collision avoidance system that just happens to "interfere" with certain laser devices.
    Are you thinking about RMR???

Good Citizen

Are you thinking about RMR???
    The idea is that the device would actually work

Professional

Still , laser jammer could be made illegal but in real life if an officer give you a ticket , it will have to be prooved in court that the confiscated unit is an effective unit that interferes with police laser .

That means a court case if one is to fight the ticket in court . It would cost time and money to fight it.

Is is different for a rd that is catched by a rdd but to date there is no jammer detector except the error code that appears on some laser gun . oh oh wait they will invent a laser jammer detector pretty soon .Then one will have to shop for a undetectable laser jammer .

Sincerely , if it is 1 year in prison , I will surely change my mind .

Longsnowsm

The reason I asked the question is due to my state has made laser jammers illegal recently. Actually the way they worded the law it makes anything(passive or active) that interferes with police enforcement illegal. The penalty is confiscation of equipment, $1000 fine, and 1 year in jail. Would you still use a laser jammer if the penalty were that stiff where you live?

Longsnowsm

Old Timer

Just because a gun gives out a jamming code does not mean it is truely being jammed. For instance, an e04 occurs on the stalker when I was shooting jims car, but yet he doesnt have a jammer. If you have headlights on, and the stalker is hitting them- it may display an e04.

So if it is displaying an e04 for 2 seconds or so, i wouldnt think to much about it.