Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Ok, seriously LI Q

I know on the 2 head LI ports 2 and 3 are enabled, on one of my ports the RJ11 does not "click in" I noticed that when I buttoned up the install that wire fell out I put it back in, still no click. The connector seems fine the tab is still on etc, must me the port itself?

If I am driving down the road and it falls out, will the LI notify me? Also, during start up will it notify me if it not plugged in?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Ok, seriously LI Q

I had one work itself out the other day. Or I may have hit it with my knee, hell I don't know. Anyway on startup Lady LI says something to the effect "Optimal da da da is not functioning or some thing." As for when it's running, I have no idea. Be easy to test I suppose, pull a wire off.

Newcomer

Sometimes those RJ tabs get 'smushed' (technical term) down, especially in shipping or by the crimpers. Did you try bending the tab on the plug up some to give it more tension inside the jack? Careful not to bend too far.

Sorry if you already know this, just thought some people may not.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by oahuyahoo View Post
    I had one work itself out the other day. Or I may have hit it with my knee, hell I don't know. Anyway on startup Lady LI says something to the effect "Optimal da da da is not functioning or some thing." As for when it's running, I have no idea. Be easy to test I suppose, pull a wire off.
    Oh so during start up up it alerted you then, with something LOL.

As for the other poster I checked the RJ connector seems fine, I did make sure the clip was up, just seems the port is not clicking in. it stays in so far, but if I hit a bump or something, then I want to know say if I am driving it falls out, will alert, or only alert during start up?

Good Citizen

One of the ports on my LI is like that. Honestly, I get the feeling the manufacturing is not exactly robust. LI might be the best jammer in town, but it's not going to win any awards for build quality.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
    One of the ports on my LI is like that. Honestly, I get the feeling the manufacturing is not exactly robust. LI might be the best jammer in town, but it's not going to win any awards for build quality.
    Looking at it with the computer jack up, far left port?

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Oh so during start up up it alerted you then, with something LOL.

As for the other poster I checked the RJ connector seems fine, I did make sure the clip was up, just seems the port is not clicking in. it stays in so far, but if I hit a bump or something, then I want to know say if I am driving it falls out, will alert, or only alert during start up?
    LI will only give a "Connection to Sensors ..... Alert" during the initial power up BIST (Built In Self Test). If a sensor somehow becomes physically dislodged after this point, LI will not alert you as such until it once again enters the BIST when re-energized. It will, however, indicate a malfunctioning sensor that is connected to the CPU at anytime while the LI is operational.

Cliff - C55

Quote Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
    If the Cat Connector is positioned such that is has no strain on it's connection to it's jack in the CPU or is damaged in anyway, you should not be experiencing this problem. If you are or it continues, simply let me know and we will ship you out a Warranty Replacement immediately.

Cliff - C55

Quote Originally Posted by oahuyahoo View Post
    Aloha,

I am not familiar with this Alert. If you could listen to hear exactly what the LI is indeed Alerting you to, I would be happy to assist you with trouble shooting it if need be.

Thank you and Mahalo,

Cliff - C55

Scratonicity Groupie

We had this problem with the lpp control box at gol. Try putting the connector in then take a small screw driver and lift up the tab. This might get it to lock in place.