Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Using a Jammer in a banned area

O.k. I recently learned that some police LIDAR guns actually give them a jam code if they are being jammed. Now I live in Ontario where I am 90 percent sure that jammers are banned and if this comes up on a LIDAR gun I will be screwed I was planning to buy the M45 Blinder for my F150 but not if it is going to land me in trouble.. Any thoughts advice????

Thanks

Dave

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Using a Jammer in a banned area

Quote Originally Posted by dcdave78 View Post
    O.k. I recently learned that some police LIDAR guns actually give them a jam code if they are being jammed. Now I live in Ontario where I am 90 percent sure that jammers are banned and if this comes up on a LIDAR gun I will be screwed I was planning to buy the M45 Blinder for my F150 but not if it is going to land me in trouble.. Any thoughts advice????

Thanks

Dave
    The only jammer that you will be up against that will throw a jam code is the Laser Atlanta and it throws jam codes for almost anything. LEOs ignore JA-3 on a Laser Atlanta.

YouTube - Laser Atlanta getting jam code from road.

YouTube - Speed Laser Laser Atlanta Falsing with JA3

Tha Laser Mask did however throw up some JA-1 jam codes when GOL tested it. This is much more unusual and might draw some attention.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008...mmer-test.html

Last edited by djrams80; 08-26-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Experienced

Yes, it is illegal here (ontario) but the only reports I've ever read about the cops figuring out you have one is the folks that leave the jammer on and try to "Jam to Gun".

If you do choose to go with a jammer, be smart and have a kill switch and shut it off as soon as you can get down to speed! You should also keep up on the forums here at least a few times a year to make sure none of the new guns can detect them.

Quote from the Highway Traffic Act:
    Speed measuring warning devices
    [replacer_a]79. In this section,
    “speed measuring warning device” means any device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to warn the driver of the presence of speed measuring equipment in the vicinity and includes any device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to interfere with the effective operation of speed measuring equipment. 1996, c. 33, s. 12.

Experienced

Just realized, according to that CB's, cell phones, Trapster, Cheetah GPS mirrors and loads of other stuff are Illegal.

That definition is rediculous!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Just realized, according to that CB's, cell phones, Trapster, Cheetah GPS mirrors and loads of other stuff are Illegal.

That definition is rediculous!
    same $hite here unfortunately...

S.I. No. 50/1991:

ROAD TRAFFIC (SPEED METER DETECTORS) REGULATIONS, 1991.

The Minister for the Environment in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 5 and 11 of the Road Traffic Act, 1961 (No. 24 of 1961) and by section 9 of the Road Traffic Act, 1968 (No. 25 of 1968) hereby makes the following Regulations:—

1. These Regulations may be cited as the Road Traffic (Speed Meter Detectors) Regulations, 1991.

2. These Regulations shall come into operation on the 1st day of April, 1991.

3. In these Regulations, "speed meter detector" means any device which is capable of being used to indicate the existence of, or to frustrate the operation of, electronic or other apparatus being used to give indications from which the speed at which a person was driving can be inferred.
    4. A person shall not use in a public place a mechanically propelled vehicle to which is fitted, or in or on which is carried, a speed meter detector whether or not such device is actually in use.
    5. (1) The importation or supplying of, or offering to supply, a speed meter detector is hereby prohibited.
    (2) The fitting of, or offering to fit, a speed meter detector to a mechanically propelled vehicle is hereby prohibited.
    6. Article 5 of these Regulations shall be a penal Regulation.

GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for the Environment

this 14th day of March, 1991.

EXPLANATORY NOTE.

These Regulations prohibit importation, supply, fitting and use of speed meter detectors and jammers.

these rules came into effect on none other than April fools day 1991 you couldnt make it up if you tried

oh well, LPP is a parking sensor though

Speed Demon

Just cut the jammer off after you slow down or cut it off right away if you're not speeding and you'll be fine. I use a jammer in a banned area and I'm fine, just make sure to follow what I said and make sure to do a stealth install for you jammer. Get the LI if you are paranoid about codes.

Speedtrap Crasher

Definitely cut the jammer off asap. But I would also look carefully at how concealed your LEDs are. They need to be very carefully hidden but still have sight of the road.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
    Definitely cut the jammer off asap. But I would also look carefully at how concealed your LEDs are. They need to be very carefully hidden but still have sight of the road.
    Any examples or pics of concealed LEDs? Are you talking about cutting out the grill and inserting a sensor?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by spider_55 View Post
    Any examples or pics of concealed LEDs? Are you talking about cutting out the grill and inserting a sensor?
    LI ZR4 9500ci

Experienced

The better way would be to find a pic of your model car (or provide one) and post it up if you want suggestions.

Some cars just have no good spots at all (mine is in this group) and some almost look like they're made to hide jammers! :P