Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Exclamation All BS Aside - Which Jammer?

I've read through all kinds of tests ( Laser Jammer Tests | Laser Jammer Reviews & News, www.RadarDetector.net and Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR) to name a few. I’ve visited numerous manufactures sites and read through the rhetoric. I’ve read the various "claims" about which jammer is best. There is so much conflicting information. In addition, there is so much negative publicity and BS around these products (LI, Blinder and Laser Star). It's hard to tell who is really telling the truth. Furthermore, the test results vary depending of the site you go to.
    From reading through the forums, it appears that everyone has their own personal preference, regardless of the test results. All this aside, can anyone tell me, unequivocally (money no object), which jammer is the best (in which configuration) has good customer support, is truly reliable and road worthy?
    Last edited by Fast4wd; 08-29-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: All BS Aside - Which Jammer?

Laser Interceptor. Period. Full Stop.

The kids over at laserscammertests have a long history in this industry and are well known scam artists. They have promoted various products at different times, claiming each time of course, that this product was the greatest thing out there.

Now, they're hyping the Laser * as being the best. Naturally they're gonna say this because they have a vested monetary interest in the product.

Now, I was at the July Guys of Lidar test. I saw first hand how the jammers were tested, and I can tell you that the Laser Star doesn't live up to the hype. Both the Laser * and the LI used at the test were blind purchases made by non- GOL members, so there couldn't be any "funny business' with juiced units etc.

Bottom line--the LI works as advertised. It jams everything to the gun. The laser * works well on the Stalker LZ-1 and is pretty much worthless against every other laser gun.

Check out the results yourself in the July test of GOL.

J/

Newcomer

Thanks J. It's nice to get unbiased (candid) feedback.

Yoda of Radar

Just like in choosing any serious purchase, there is obviously a lot more to consider than the so-called bottom line. Everyone's needs and circumstances are different. However, if all you are concerned about is getting the "best" (of which the definition is not clear) at any price, then yeah, four heads of Laser Interceptor is the way to go. Or else you could do some serious research and make a more informed, intelligent decision. Which ever.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

LI=Best.

There are a few jammers on the market that provide "decent" protection for "most" cars. But, if you want to be sure, get an LI.

Newcomer

Ok, this is my point (or a least part of it). I have researched this to death! I don't have the luxury of time to continually read all of the hype and blather and tests. I would love to make an intelligent informed decision, which is why I signed on here. It appears that I have already received conflicting points of view from 2 (senior) members. I also see that you own one of the products that has not done well in testing on other sites. So, my question to you is: if you were to make a purchase (money no object) and all research aside, what would you buy and why?

Yoda of Radar

I haven't seen any conflicting advice. Three of us are in agreement. I just don't think that your question is as simple as you think it is. That's like asking if Chevy or Ford is better. Depends on which Chevy and which Ford you are talking about, and for what purpose you want the vehicle. Chevy rocks, but the Corvette sucks for off-road mudding. Ford is great, but an F-350 gets $hitty mileage. So which is best?

What gun kills you deader; a 12 gauge or an AK-47? Does it matter? Isn't dead dead? Doesn't it depend upon the scenario of the shooting? Lot's of questions, not just a bottom line. So, what's your scenario? What do you drive? How do you drive?

The point being, this is too important a decision to try and cavalierly break it down to a non-existent bottom line. Instead of limiting your research to that bottom line, I would recommend that you expand it into educating yourself on other important matters, like what the differences are between the various jammers, how they work, why they work, why they don't work, and what is required for you to maximise their performance. Then make an intelligent decision that you can have true confidence in, instead of just dropping a grand on something that some strangers recommended to you on the Internet, and then hoping that we were the right ones to listen to.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 08-29-2008 at 04:04 PM.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4wd View Post
    Ok, this is my point (or a least part of it). I have researched this to death! I don't have the luxury of time to continually read all of the hype and blather and tests. I would love to make an intelligent informed decision, which is why I signed on here. It appears that I have already received conflicting points of view from 2 (senior) members. I also see that you own one of the products that has not done well in testing on other sites. So, my question to you is: if you were to make a purchase (money no object) and all research aside, what would you buy and why?

Money no object?

LI.[replacer_img]

It's jamming abilities are the best I have ever seen. And LI's "generic" jamming abilities impressed me against the True speed gun.
    Last edited by Z1NONLY; 08-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.

Newcomer

Question Re: All BS Aside - Which Jammer?

Nice. Thanks for the response, I appreciate the dialogue. In my particular case I drive a Chrysler 300C, it has a few mods enough to be putting down 300 RWHP and 425 FPT - according to my dyno sheet.
    I live in Vancouver. My driving is aggressive but not reckless. I tend to drive 10-30 over on the highway 10-20 over in town, it all depends. I avoid street racing. I don't go off roading!
    All that aside, I don't expect anyone to make a "decision to buy" for me. I tend to believe my situation is not unlike many other people out there. I read the tests, comments and hype and try to discern - make an intelligent (informed) choice. In my opinion that is one of the purposes behind a forum - likeminded people coming together to discuss the merits of one particular product over another. So, if you have something to share by all means tell me what makes one jammer a "Chevy" and another a "Ford". It would seem to me that you have done sufficient leg work on the topic. Would you care to share your findings or make a recommendation?

Speed Demon

LPP all the way...ive never had a problem in 18 months and it is used every day!