Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Lidatek Done? What's Out There?

I run a dual sensor front mounted Lidatek system on the front of my truck.
    I have a supercharger and geared for highway and love it.

I run a 8500x50 also and am upgrading the the 9500ix and after a long period of not visiting here I need to be brought up to speed on the laser jammer situation today.

When I got my Lidatek it seemed to be the only real unit out there. It have NEVER failed me and being in the Atlanta area it has been tested many many times.

So now I get wind Lidatek my be history. What is out there now in case my unit dies? I remember bogus LED units out there and want no part in them or any applied coatings.

I can only hope someone has came up with a competitive unit.

Thanks

Advanced Member

Default Re: Lidatek Done? What's Out There?

Quote Originally Posted by therock View Post
    I run a dual sensor front mounted Lidatek system on the front of my truck.
    I have a supercharger and geared for highway and love it.

I run a 8500x50 also and am upgrading the the 9500ix and after a long period of not visiting here I need to be brought up to speed on the laser jammer situation today.

When I got my Lidatek it seemed to be the only real unit out there. It have NEVER failed me and being in the Atlanta area it has been tested many many times.

So now I get wind Lidatek my be history. What is out there now in case my unit dies? I remember bogus LED units out there and want no part in them or any applied coatings.

I can only hope someone has came up with a competitive unit.

Thanks
    What model Lidatek is it that you own. The LI is the only 2 head upgrade I would choose to replace your unit. If you want a 4 head unit, get a M45.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    What model Lidatek is it that you own. The LI is the only 2 head upgrade I would choose to replace your unit. If you want a 4 head unit, get a M45.
    I have the Lidatek LE- 30 in a dual front head. I have been running it two years.

• Is Lidatek still in business?
    • Are there other companies out there that make a like or better unit?
    I have had my head in the sand a while.
    Last edited by therock; 12-05-2008 at 05:09 AM.

Old Timer

^ Welcome "back."

I was in the same situation as you, when my ZR3 finally crapped out.

The learning curve, upon re-entry, is steep.

While you're reading over the last two year's worth of past posts, I'll put in my two cents, too.

Lidatek used to be the easy, go-to choice. Sadly, no, they're, to the best of my knowledge, no longer in-business. There's some rumor that they may be coming back, but nothing confirmed.

Then came the AntiLaser and also, later, LPP.

Both of those units' physical construction and sizing is similar to that of the LE-30, but is "bigger by one size." There are some pictures here, in old posts, if you did a thorough search, you should be able to find them.

I also cannot currently recommend either. LPP *still* has yet to address the TruSpeed concern, and while the same can be said for AntiLaser, the problem there is doubled, in that they also have not demonstrated to any of our satisfaction that they were willing to address the continued weatherproofing issue that plagued the previous-generation G8 variant, even until the time when that model was replaced by the current G9 variant.

Given all that.....

Seeing as you spent big bucks last time, and have such a beast of a ride , I think that you're going to again "invest" in "the best."

If that's the case, then our fellow car-loving brother PMoth, definitely pointed you in the right direction.

Now, the simple statement "LI is King" is an undeniable truth.
    Last edited by TSi+WRX; 12-05-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Not soon TSI, Blinder I think really has something up their sleeve!

Advanced Member

Being a fellow Lidatek Owner is hurts me to say it but they are no longer. They were purchased by another company that said they would be coming out with something new in the future but have failed

While Lidatek's performance in the real world is perfect (no tickets) but in controled testing situations the constant firing of the Diodes reduces the performance. WHAT I JUST STATED IS A PERSONAL THEORY OF MINE THROUGH MY OWN TESTING AND OBSERVING THE TESTING OF OTHERS.

There are better units out on the market. For a dual head front coverage for your truck a Laser Interceptor regular dual will suit you perferctlt. Laser Interceptor is currently seen as the best jammer on the market and can produce Jam To Gun results with most set-ups. Laser Interceptors use 1 laser diode per head like the Lidatek but are highly evolved as the laser jammer industry has drastically advanced in the past two years

Now also Blinder M45 4 head is an option but it is an LED jammer and depending on the vehicle it might require VEIL to get the same performance that an LI would offer.

I currently have my LE30 dual in a box and I am debateing whether I should install it on another vehicle in my family fleet. Its possible I might install it on a large pick-up truck to just do some testings on it

One thing to keep in mind with these newer jammers is they do not have a timer limiting for how long they jam the police officer so you should slow down then turn the jammer off.

I would keep the LE30 on your car if it has save you some speed traps and update to the 9500xi for added radar detection and GPS capability to get alerted to Red Light and Speed Camers. I am not sure if your LE30 will detect or jam the LTI TruSpeed which is a new laser gun on the market

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Thanks Guys, I'ts good to see this board is still going so strong.

What or who is LI? I need a link or something.
    Also, how about Laser Star USA . It looks just like the Lidatek.

My Lidatek is still going good but the new type laser gun question has me worried.

Thanks

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by therock View Post
    Thanks Guys, I'ts good to see this board is still going so strong.

What or who is LI? I need a link or something.
    Also, how about Laser Star USA . It looks just like the Lidatek.

My Lidatek is still going good but the new type laser gun question has me worried.

Thanks
    LI is Laser Interceptor. They are the real deal. Laser Star doesn't work well at all.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008...mmer-test.html

Last edited by djrams80; 12-05-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Stealthed Like a B-2

I think we need to work on the PLII

I think its bizzaire that the LI has troubles with that gun

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    I think we need to work on the PLII

I think its bizzaire that the LI has troubles with that gun
    The PLII is no joke. It has excellent optics. It's beam divergence is minimal. The PLII is an excellent gun, especially for testing. Ivan calls it "The Needle". Also, notice that the PLII got PT on every other single run, against every other single jammer. No other gun did this. The PLII is my gun of choice. If a jammer can jam the PLII, you know that jammer is working properly.

The Marksman also performs excellently, but looks like an old clunker of a gun. happya$$ and I were talking about this exact thing at GOL. These old guns might look all beat up and stuff, but they perform like a mutha! Dollar for dollar, you can't beat these two guns for personal testing.
    Last edited by djrams80; 12-05-2008 at 01:27 PM.