Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Newbie need's some guidance....

Hey guys,

I have been around in the world of radar detectors for the past 3 years or so, however I never paid much attention to the laser section of the market, because it was not in wide use in my area.

Recently, I noticed laser popping up all over the place, I even got a ticket for it. So now, I figure it's time for some countermeasures.

I have a Valentine 1 radar detector and plan to keep it until the day I die. However, I would like to add a laser jammer of sorts to the mix.

Price isn't really the main concern, so much as protection... It will most likely be going on a Ford Crown Victoria...possibly on a VW Jetta, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I'm lost.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Good Citizen

A blinder M-20 would be a good setup for you. If you get one make sure it will be the ones that jam stealth mode. Blinders sold in the past didn't jam it. Even though it isn't a big deal it still would be nice to be able to jam stealth. There is a Antilaser AL6 coming out but don't know when it is coming. I does a better job then the Blinder. But the blinder is a good choice. Check out Radarbusters.com and see if Roy can hook you up. PM RadarRoy and he may give you a discount. 8)

Administrator

Default Wait

Wait a month or so for the new Blinder version to come out, I will notify everyone when we have it
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Banned

Default Re: Wait

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    Wait a month or so for the new Blinder version to come out, I will notify everyone when we have it
    Now that is awesome customer service!!! Roy could have just made a sale, but instead he suggested you wait for a better product. Talk about a trustworthy guy. Too bad you don't sell cars Roy because I'd come to you every single time.

Newcomer

[quote="make sure it will be the ones that jam stealth mode[/quote]

What exactly is stealth mode?

Thanks for the imput guys

Banned

[quote=KalJer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "make sure it will be the ones that jam stealth mode[/quote

What exactly is stealth mode?

Thanks for the imput guys
    The laser atlanta speed laser has stealth mode. It's designed to be jammer proof. Don't buy any jammer that doesn't jam stealth.

Wait for the Antilaser AL6 to come out. They're an honest company.

Professional

Welcome to the forum!
    Like Roy said you might want to wait until Blinder gets the new model out.

Just something to think about.. the AL6 that we tested is NOT a retail unit.
    We still do not know when a retail unit will be available.

You will see many people telling you to wait for the AL6 to come out but at one time many of these same people were telling members to wait on BRAND X to come out with their new radar detector.
    Well as of today Brand X has not come out with it yet and now it may be some time next year.
    If you would have listened to them and waited to purchace Brand X detector you would still be waiting!!

Advanced Member

Boome AntiLaser is an honest company they have been on this board before me even and they don't hide anything even their subpar results at SML in January 05(i believe is the date) in which their previous generation jammer was tested. AntiLaser will be coming out they are a company the strives to do better. One more gun is all they need(could already be conquered) and then they are ready for marketing which should be in about a month

Here is my prediction after the AntiLaser is released in the US:
    -I am willing to bet Roy and GoL will do a blind buying for the AntiLaser, test it and Roy will most likely carry it just for forum members since Blinder doesn't like competetion. Customers will be happy and fighting on the forum will go down. Also hopefully doubters of the AntiLaser will apologize for the doubting an extremely honest company only other company that has the same honesty or better as AntiLaser, is VEIL

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

crazyVOLVOrob please understand I am NOT saying they are a dishonest company.
    What I am stating are the facts at this time about the AL6.

I just do not like idea of telling members to wait for something that is coming out when in the past this same very thing has been done on other products and then that product never came available.

I think most people who are asking for advise on detectors, jammers or what ever are looking for something now.
    They are not wanting to wait becasue either they can not or do not want to.
    If we told everybody to wait on the latest and greatest thing all the time Roy would never be able to sell anything because no one would want the current models because we keep saying wait wait wait.
    We all know that there are some good jammers out there today that work well.

I am as eager as the rest of you to see the new AL6 but at the same time do not discourge members from not buying what is already out there.

Technology is always changing and people know that but some do not want the latest and greatest because it has not been tested over the long run.

How many of you have heard never buy the first year production of a new car?? There is some truth to that becasue after the first year of release manufactures see where the mistakes were made or find out the way something was designed did not work out well in the real world.
    Those defects or issues are dealt with the next year.

Administrator

Default Thanks

Now that is awesome customer service!!! Roy could have just made a sale, but instead he suggested you wait for a better product. Talk about a trustworthy guy. Too bad you don't sell cars Roy because I'd come to you every single time.
    Thanks Chris for your comments

I am in this for the long haul, not out to make a fast buck here or there with the website.

However, the last car I sold (my daughter's) broke down 24 hours after I sold it.

So based upon my track record:
    So by a detector/jammer you'll be taken care of.
    By a car from me, watch out :-)
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer