Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Default Noob question about jammers

    I am interested in getting a laser jammer. I have a saab 92x sports wagon. I do not have any modification on the car, but do plain on putting HID headlights and small performance mods, will these effect the jammer? also I live in a relatively rural area with alot of backroad, hills, curves, ect... I am going to buy a V1 in the near future and would like a good, jammer to pair it with. Price is an object, I would like to spend around $500 but if there is a system alot better for more cash I would be interested. Thanks for the help.

    P.S. I am not interested in functions just good solid performance.

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    13,881

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    Quote Originally Posted by ryrules1 View Post
    I am interested in getting a laser jammer. I have a saab 92x sports wagon. I do not have any modification on the car, but do plain on putting HID headlights and small performance mods, will these effect the jammer? also I live in a relatively rural area with alot of backroad, hills, curves, ect... I am going to buy a V1 in the near future and would like a good, jammer to pair it with. Price is an object, I would like to spend around $500 but if there is a system alot better for more cash I would be interested. Thanks for the help.

    P.S. I am not interested in functions just good solid performance.
    This is the radar jammer setion. You need to visit the laser jammer section.

    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/laser-jammers/

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    8,881

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    What state do you live in? Front plate required?

    Seems the car has a pretty small area to cover. And the grille looks very accepting of jammers, with grill area right next to the headlights.



    Red = 2 head LED system, should provide enough protection in most cases. May need Veil + LS if plate required.
    Red = 2 head diode, should provide JTG in most cases
    Red + Yellow = 3 head LED setup, should provide better protection than just red, especially if you need to have a front plate.
    Green = 4 head diode system. Should provide better protection than Red + Yellow, probably JTG in most cases. Shouldn't require Veil or LS, but it doesn't hurt to have it.

    This is just all my opinion.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    CT, I am not sure if my state requires a plate.

  6. #6
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    Green = 4 head diode system. Should provide better protection than Red + Yellow, probably JTG in most cases. Shouldn't require Veil or LS, but it doesn't hurt to have it.
    4 head diode and you are saying "probably JTG in most cases"?????

    I think you mean a 4 head LED jammer

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  7. #7
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    8,881

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    Yea, that. Don't want to blind someone

  8. #8

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    yes front plate is required in CT but, I see people driving all the time without is it a big infraction to go without? I would most likely be running a 2 head system. because of money.

  9. #9
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    Quote Originally Posted by ryrules1 View Post
    yes front plate is required in CT but, I see people driving all the time without is it a big infraction to go without? I would most likely be running a 2 head system. because of money.
    What color is your car?

    A Blinder M25 with VEIL and the heads mounted on the underside of the bumper I am sure would be enough.

    You could run without a frontplate most states its a fix it ticket I run without a front plate unless I am driving through NY where my car is registered and Front plates are required cause I don't want to get pulled over for something stupid

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  10. #10

    Default Re: Noob question about jammers

    My Car is "Midnight Black" The bumper of the car is pretty low. I would most likely be running without a front plate.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Noob Laser Question
    By crisptito in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
  2. Noob question about jammers
    By ryrules1 in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 08:28 PM
  3. Noob Question
    By Spleen in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
  4. I'm new to this but i have a noob question. sorry :(
    By ej122688 in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:34 PM
  5. Noob Question
    By BadgerBadger in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 10:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •