Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Front plate or no?

I live in a state that requires front plates. Since I don't like the looks of them, I don't have mine mounted and so far, no problems. As I get ready to install my LI, I wonder if I should consider putting the plate on. Would I be more likely to be discovered to have the jammer heads? Common sense tells me yes I would. I also live next door to VA, where they are illegal.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Front plate or no?

I think you're worrying too much. Run the front plate with the LI. Your car will be safe. As long as you use the jammer responsibly, no cop is going to randomly inspect your front-end for jammer heads.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Newcomer

I think you misunderstood me. I would prefer to run without the front plate, but for aesthetic reasons only. Not having a plate is a reason to be pulled over, although it hasn't happened yet. If it does, it wouldn't be a random inspection, the LEO would probably walk to the front of the car to verify I don't have plate.

Old Timer

even if u are to not have a plate and pull u over a leo will not inspect your car for heads because most leos have no idea, and LI is a parking sensor

Power User

Just tell them they're parking sensors if they ask

Yoda of Radar

Dunno what state you are in, but at least in Texas, they'll never write you for no front plate. They may stop you for it, as an excuse, but not actually write you up unless you've got some other problem or attitude that sets them off. On the other hand, obvious attempts to obscure your plate with some device is less likely to result in leniency.

I haven't run a front plate in many years and have never been ticketed for it, even though officers have stopped me and said to get it replaced.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    I haven't run a front plate in many years and have never been ticketed for it, even though officers have stopped me and said to get it replaced.
    I understand why you would still run no front plate but for me I would rather not be hasseled with having to be pulled over for them to tell my i need a front plate

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by deckman View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I would prefer to run without the front plate, but for aesthetic reasons only. Not having a plate is a reason to be pulled over, although it hasn't happened yet. If it does, it wouldn't be a random inspection, the LEO would probably walk to the front of the car to verify I don't have plate.
    Yup, I definitely misunderstood you. But I still think your worrying too much about them noticing the jammer heads. I wouldn't sweat it.

Here in CT, if you are a resident and you are caught without the plate, town cops will issue you a ticket. The staties usually just tell you to get the plate on the front.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Radar Fanatic

I've never had a front plate on any car I've ever owned. I got pulled over for it once, and he let me go. I got a ticket once when I ran a redlight the CHP was a dick and wrote up every violation on my car. $10 fix it.

Front plates ruin the lines of your convertible and they get in the way of your front mount intercoolers. Fcuk that.

Of course, being white helps. If you are Mexican in Cali they will pull you over all the time ... a friend of mine once got pulled 5 times in one night in LA for no front plate.

I got pulled over several times for no front plates in my state and county. It's not worth the risk and hassle. Put in on and have a piece of mind.