Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default A big "Thanks!" to "PMoth" for helping me test my LI on my 335xi!

Although we didn't have the turnout expected, PMoth helped me test my LI installed on my 2008 BMW335xi. The car is white & thus would present a challenge. I believe he used a Laser Atlanta gun.

Unlike some, I installed the units flanking the plate. Just too difficult & a PITA to install in the grills. Note that my car is a 4 door and apparently has more difficult to use grills than the 2 door models featured in many posts.

In any event, and with the unit "off' he was able to get me at 2000+ feet quite easily. Things changed noticeably with the unit "on". Multiple runs at about 40-50mph all had the same result: 100% jammed. Now all Ineed is some rear units as he could get me 3000' or more!

Wow.... One heck of a result. Better yet, I much enjoyed meeting him. A good guy & gentleman, who is a tremendous asset to this board & enthusiasts. I look forward to seeing him again.

Thanks, PM, for all your help and willingness to help what was once a stranger & now a friend!

Jim
    Last edited by jws3; 03-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Good Citizen

Thumbs up Re: A big "Thanks!" to "PMoth" for helping me test my LI on my 335xi!

I don't know PMoth but from seeing him on these boards he sounds like a great guy. I hope to meet him one day and chat. It's nice when people help you like he has. Thumbs up for PMoth

Advanced Member

Default Re: A big "Thanks!" to "PMoth" for helping me test my LI on my 335xi!

No problem guys. Just doing my part for the community. It was a pleasure meeting you also Jim. I left NY 15 years wiser. I had an awesome time.

For those that couldn't make it out today, maybe we'll meet up in the spring. On a side note, cars viewed today were a clean 335xi, E63 amg, SL65 amg, Ferrari 599. Gotta love NY. All followed by an awesome drive home. Till next time.

Power User

Any results? vids?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Any results? vids?
    Nope.

But I did have a fabulous Turkey sandwich. Talk about a fresh cut of meat. None of that grade C subway crap. Real white flaky turkey breast. MMmmmmm!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Nope.

But I did have a fabulous Turkey sandwich. Talk about a fresh cut of meat. None of that grade C subway crap. Real white flaky turkey breast. MMmmmmm!
    Nice!
    Were all the cars fitted with LI?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Nice!
    Were all the cars fitted with LI?
    Afaik, only one vehicle was fitted with the LI.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    For those that couldn't make it out today, maybe we'll meet up in the spring. On a side note, cars viewed today were a clean 335xi, E63 amg, SL65 amg, Ferrari 599. Gotta love NY. All followed by an awesome drive home. Till next time.
    Tell mean you got pictures and a spread sheet of all the jammer performance

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Tell mean you got pictures and a spread sheet of all the jammer performance
    Nope... Really wasn't necessary.
    Wordplay is important here.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Ingus View Post
    I don't know PMoth but from seeing him on these boards he sounds like a great guy. I hope to meet him one day and chat. It's nice when people help you like he has. Thumbs up for PMoth
    Pmoth is the man