Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default researching first jammer purchase

Hey everyone!

I am in the process of researching different jammers to add to the countermeasures I already have: STi Driver, VEIL, LaserShield (front plate). The NYSP in my area are using the Ultralyte 100 LR, and the one Town of Tonawanda LIDAR gun I've seen is the ProLaser III. I am looking for a jammer that will be effective against both of these. I have been seriously thinking about the ZR3, the ZR4 or geting the 9500ci (totally out of my budget right now). Reason being is that they integrate with the STi (ZR3 and ZR4)and you can set the heads to "receive mode only", especially for those times I traverse across the border into Ontario or Quebec. I am currently driving a 2003 Buick Century. The ONLY chrome on the front is the grille and emblem. This is what my car looks like:

The only difference with MY car is the color (Augusta Green - very similar to my recently deceased '98 Saturn's Forest Green, which was quite dark), and my car does not have the chrome strip on the bumper.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and CERTAINLY appreciated!!!

Good Citizen

Default OK, I gotta ask.....

Does your car go fast enough to justify a jammer?

Seriously, there is only one I'd buy: A Laser interceptor. Bought one myself. Unparalleled service & performance. You can't afford NOT to have one. You buy the best once.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: OK, I gotta ask.....

I sure don't envy you when it comes to installing a jammer on that car. It's going to be a nightmare of tedious and meticulous Dremelling to get heads to fit in that grille. Then you're going to have to work to fashion a mount or bracket that will keep those heads in place and aligned. And they are going to be pretty conspicuous when you do.

That said, Blinder is the most bang for your buck. It's cheaper and much better than the ZR4. Integration with your RD is a non issue. It accomplishes nothing of value for you. It's just a sales gimmick. And the OPP aren't going to care whether you were in receive only mode or not. You're still busted. They're not stupid. They've heard that story before.

With the Veil and plate cover, and no chrome, a Blinder will have you good to go against both of those guns at reasonable distances. But if you were to suddenly have the budget for a 9500ci, I'd pass on that and get a quad LI instead. The RD you have is more than adequate and doesn't need to be replaced.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

Default Re: researching first jammer purchase

Judging from the 08 GOL testing,the Blinder had a hard time with the LTI Ultralyte.Though with your extras(Veil and Lasershield),you should be good.Just be careful since in NY you aren't supposed to have anything over your plate.I see a dual head LI is 650.00 now http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...er+Device.html
    Last edited by mrcllusb; 03-16-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by mrcllusb View Post
    Judging from the 08 GOL testing,the Blinder had a hard time with the LTI Ultralyte.Though with your extras(Veil and Lasershield),you should be good.Just be careful since in NY you aren't supposed to have anything over your plate.I see a dual head LI is 650.00 now http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...er+Device.html
    Weird, they sell cheaper than the USA distributor
    Last edited by speed-dreams; 03-16-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am in the process of researching different jammers to add to the countermeasures I already have: STi Driver, VEIL, LaserShield (front plate). The NYSP in my area are using the Ultralyte 100 LR, and the one Town of Tonawanda LIDAR gun I've seen is the ProLaser III. I am looking for a jammer that will be effective against both of these. I have been seriously thinking about the ZR3, the ZR4 or geting the 9500ci (totally out of my budget right now). Reason being is that they integrate with the STi (ZR3 and ZR4)and you can set the heads to "receive mode only", especially for those times I traverse across the border into Ontario or Quebec. I am currently driving a 2003 Buick Century. The ONLY chrome on the front is the grille and emblem. This is what my car looks like:

The only difference with MY car is the color (Augusta Green - very similar to my recently deceased '98 Saturn's Forest Green, which was quite dark), and my car does not have the chrome strip on the bumper.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and CERTAINLY appreciated!!!
    Well my grandfather has that car and its a smooth and airey ride. Well enough of that so back to laser jammers.

The new high power blinders with alot of cool and useful options is coming out very soon. I would sit back a wait, I know its hard but that is what I am doing til they come out then Im pulling the trigger.

I have a feeling the new blinders will protect your ride due to the changes that have happened for the better. The LI's will work great. I think your best options is the Blinder or LI.

Yoda of Radar

Dude, I would SERIOUSLY read the fine print on that website before sending them any money. They are NOT US authorised distributors, and you won't get authorised warranty service out of them. From the bottom of the page:

*All exchanges will be done through the inventory of Sonic Electronix, Inc. In the unlikely event we are out of stock of the components or part requiring an exchange, the manufacturer will provide an exchange.
    What exactly does that mean? It means this...

Rip-off Report: Lance Dickson Sonic Electronix, Inc Return and Warranty rip-offs Valencia California

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Buyer beware!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

I will only remind you guys that only reselers found on our main portal under where to buy are safe to buy from... we can not cary any kind of waranty or support for products purchesed from unknown sources... hell, maybe they are empty boxes, knock offs, anything... so be carefool where to buy and WHAT to buy...

Professional

Thanks for all the assistance and tips...

Stealth Stalker - True, the OPP won't care if the heads are receiving mode only. I thought that it would be a good idea to run the ZR3/ZR4 in that particular mode while across the border to not arouse any suspicion.

Regarding mounting, I was thinking under the bumper...thoughts???

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
    I will only remind you guys that only reselers found on our main portal under where to buy are safe to buy from... we can not cary any kind of waranty or support for products purchesed from unknown sources... hell, maybe they are empty boxes, knock offs, anything... so be carefool where to buy and WHAT to buy...
    So how are they getting your product and able to resell it without having a contract with your company.It states here that they are an authorised internet dealer
    Product Features:
    Top ranked laser jammer in the world!
    Jams all known and unknown LIDAR devices (US/Euro Patent Pending)
    The power of the Laser Interceptor transmitters are more powerful (more than 100 times!) than comparable "look alike" devices
    3rd Generation Laser Interceptor
    Includes the latest updates and upgrades
    Laser Interceptor CPU BOX is equipped with 4 ports (for up to 4 outer sensors), built in speaker for voice and audible warnings and serial RS232 port for communication with any PC with Windows OS
    RS232 Port enables users to set up various options within the Laser Interceptor and also update the software when newer software is available
    Due to software upgrades, Laser Interceptor will never become obsolete
    100% Waterproof
    Welcome sound each time the unit powers up and completes its self test
    Driver will be warned when the vehicles speed is trying to be measured
    Built-in thermo regulation
    Made from black plasticized aluminum
    Includes an optical lens on the front
    Resistant to mechanical damage
    Authorized Internet Dealer<-------
    2-years Manufacturer's Exchange warranty*