We finally got AstroCreep's ZR3 installed today.
After some thinking I decided to install the front heads in the upper section of the front grill. Here they are clearly forward of the lights and hopefully clear of the hood as well. AstroCreep plans to change his grill out next month with another version so we may get a chance to move them more out and down for better headlight coverage.
We shimmed them to be level but they still toe out a bit. (I hear you working SS but I still side on the toe out argument here) Also, with the marginal coverage the GT's headlights are getting on the edges I think this is better for off axis shots. AstoCreep is not a forum member but he is friendly to the cause so he will report his experiences here and I can post them.
There rear head is on the rear plate but I let him know there's virtually no protection there so it's going to be for directional detection only.
The display fits nicely under the dashboard. Very nice placement for viewing.
We hope to get the mute/kill switch and the warning light in the next few weeks but this is a start. We also plan to work on his front plate as well but he does not want to use a CR8APL8 so it's probably going to be a VEIL'ed plate cover only.
At this time he has no detector but I hope to get him to purchase an X50 this spring. He's on a serious budget so we have to make the best of $500. So far this install is about $200 so he's well on his way. His situational awareness is very strong since he's driven this car for three years without protection and only gotten a front plate ticket. So we'll see . . .