Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator

Default Drive Smart Test - 10/2/2005

Today we spent considerable amount of time testing the new Drive Smart system. We recorded portions of the test and the video is available here:

http://www.radarbusters.com/resource...mart-test.html

Testing was done at 300 and 500 feet. The testing at 300 feet are in the video

(The Blinder LED light and buzzer is mounted above the Drive Smart unit)

LTI 20/20 laser gun test: (This portion of the test was not recorded, battery died on recorder)

The Drive Smart activated immediately detecting the LTI 20/20 laser gun in all 10 shots!

Stalker Laser Gun
    At the 500 foot mark, the Drive Smart missed 1 hit of the Stalker. At 300 feet it captured all 5 hits.

Laser Atlanta Non Stealth The Drive Smart alerted to all hits at 500 and 300 feet

Laser Atlanta Stealth Mode (I still have an older Blinder and have not upgraded yet, so the you'll notice that the Blinder does not activate. Also the batteries on the radio start to fade at the end of the test)

The Drive Smart alerted to all hits at 500 and 300 feet of the LA Stealth Mode.

Overall Comments:
    1- The Drive Smart team provided an update earlier last week to upgrade the unit to receive the Stealth Mode. For what ever reasons, two of my laptops that have Windows XP Pro would not communicate with the Drive Smart system. A third laptop that I have loaded the software without any problems. It is unknown why the first two laptops would not communicate with the system.

It is great having this ability to do your own updates, but I would hope that the software would be a little more user friendly.

2 - Prior to doing the update, upon start up of the Drive Smart, it would come up with the main navigation screen with the Drive Smart voice welcome. Now, upon start up, it comes up with an immediate laser hit. I am sure that a software fix will correct this little bug.

3- There has been an increase in false alerts since the software upgrade. During a 200 mile trip, the Drive Smart alerted twice to false laser alerts. Again, I am sure that they will have a software fix for this problem.

4- Overall I am impressed with the unit thus far and look forward in testing their laser jammer head that will connect to this unit.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Power User

Good testing Roy, yes I have also noticed how the different settings alert you to laser quicker, good to see it alert to 99.99% of laser hits, did you have the pulse master mounted near the number plate or just the unit on the dash?

The jammer is going to be good thats for sure...cant wait to see how this performs.

Id say the falses you are getting is some sort of EM signal, mine alerts somtimes when my doors auto lock...but this is cause i have it set to sensitive.

What settings did you have the laser time and NB set to?? I have 10 and 10.

Cheers

Administrator

Default Settings

Settings are 5 10 when I use the remote mounted head

The remote head is on the front bumper
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Power User

ok sweet..thanks

Longsnowsm

Interesting, the Blinder seemed to alert about a second before the DS each time. I would have to change that alarm sound to something that would get my attention.

Should be interesting to see the fixes they come up with.

Longsnowsm

Lead Foot

Default Testing

Its great to see some results and we value this type of feed back.
    Its difficult to test with every laser gun on the market as only some are available here in the UK and used by Law enforcement,The gun that is used as standard is the LTI20-20 and we know the system worked perfectly with detecting this.
    The alert time is easy to speed up as its just the wav kicking in to get the alert.
    What is interesting is so many other manufacturers in the UK ship their GPS systems with laser detectors and none of them work with detecting the LTI20-20 guns!
    Also they taget the number plate as standard in the UK so detecting a laser hit from a dash mounted system is almost impossible at 500 feet unless you are driving a Lamborghini,Thats why we made the Pulse Master external detector.
    The Defender2 jammer production units are with us now and once Chris has finished with them,We will be sending some samples to Roy for testing along with a sample to Stalker.
    The voice/laser alert is just a wav file and we have various samples people can use on our forum to download or why not just record your own?

Longsnowsm

Any idea why Roy's XP boxes are unable to work with the DS? Is this a serial interface or a USB?

Longsnowsm

Power User

I actually changed my alert to a siren type alert and it sounds sooner than the std one. Definitly with the external detector is assures you of being notified of a laser hit, this combined with a RX65, V1 or the new STi it is a winning combination for sure :twisted:

Banned

Default Re: Testing

Quote Originally Posted by drive-smart
    The Defender2 jammer production units are with us now and once Chris has finished with them,We will be sending some samples to Roy for testing along with a sample to Stalker.
    Dear Drive-Smart, are you sending me that laser jammer sample to test or are you talking about a different Chris? I only have the latest LTI 20-20 Ultraltye LRB in stock.

Regards,

Chris a.ka. JTW

Power User

They have a Chris that works with them in the UK