Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Noob Wants to Buy Laser Jammer! Help!

Hello Everyone,

I have a Mazda 3 2010, and it has no front license plate. I just recently added a Beltronic STi to it, and I am interested in adding a laser jammer now. I am not sure which one I should purchase? According to the GOL, I should buy the Laser Interceptor, but it seems rather pricey. But I'd still purchase that if the performance is that much better than any other laser jammer. Is it important to have rear laser jammer? I was thinking of just purchasing the $700 non high intensity diode pair of Laser Interceptor.

I need some input to help guide me!

Thanks a lot!
    Alan

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Noob Wants to Buy Laser Jammer! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChewby View Post
    According to the GOL, I should buy the Laser Interceptor, but it seems rather pricey. But I'd still purchase that if the performance is that much better than any other laser jammer.
    It is that much better, without a doubt. The question is whether or not you actually need a jammer that is that much better. What colour is your car? If it's black, you don't. If it's silver, ehhh... if you can afford the extra measure of safety, I'd do it.

Is it important to have rear laser jammer?
    Only if you want to avoid speeding tickets.

I was thinking of just purchasing the $700 non high intensity diode pair of Laser Interceptor.
    How silly would you feel to spend $700 dollars and still get a $300 dollar speeding ticket after being lasered from the rear? If you need to move slowly for financial reasons, then definitely start with the dual. But if you can afford it, just go for the quad and get it all installed at once for convenience and peace of mind.

Cool car, by the way.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

Hello Everyone,

I have a Mazda 3 2010, and it has no front license plate. I just recently added a Beltronic STi to it, and I am interested in adding a laser jammer now. I am not sure which one I should purchase? According to the GOL, I should buy the Laser Interceptor, but it seems rather pricey. But I'd still purchase that if the performance is that much better than any other laser jammer.
    It is better than every other jammer. They also have the best customer service. Everything else comes with a compromise.

Is it important to have rear laser jammer? I was thinking of just purchasing the $700 non high intensity diode pair of Laser Interceptor.

I need some input to help guide me!

Thanks a lot!
    Alan
    Rear shots are not super common, but seem to be gaining in popularity. I only have one speeding ticket in the last few years and it was from a point blank, rear laser shot from an overpass that beat my sub-standard performing rear ZR3s.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...1-srx-0-a.html

Good Citizen

hmmm... thanks for the quick replies

That was interesting. Yes, I may only purchase the 2 front ones first, and then add a rear one later.

The color of my car is the magnesium color, so like Black + silver ? lol

I just recently found out that laser jammers are illegal in Tennessee . If I were to buy the LI, how would I get it installed?

I am not too sure on what the penalty of having it in TN is either ;(. I'm not too good at understanding legal code.

Newcomer

hmmm... thanks for the quick replies

That was interesting. Yes, I may only purchase the 2 front ones first, and then add a rear one later.

The color of my car is the magnesium color, so like Black + silver ? lol

I just recently found out that laser jammers are illegal in Tennessee . If I were to buy the LI, how would I get it installed?

I am not too sure on what the penalty of having it in TN is either ;(. I'm not too good at understanding legal code.

You're right, and the sticky in this forum is not up to date. They are illegal.

Tennessee Laser Jammer Laws - Guys of LIDAR
    Last edited by Grayham; 04-29-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Yoda of Radar

I just recently found out that laser jammers are illegal in Tennessee .
    So is speeding. And your point is... ?

But, unless they have passed such a law very recently, I believe you are mistaken.

If I were to buy the LI, how would I get it installed?
    Cliff (LI distributor) will recommend a shop in your area, unless someone here who is in your area has a recommendation for you. But if you're a meticulous gadget freak, you can certainly figure this all out yourself. You'll just need to read all the literature with the device, as well as that advice offered in threads here.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Good Citizen

Well as Greyman says Laser Jammers are illegal in TN

Also, I was wondering is it better to just buy 2 heads form LI, because it seems like it's much cheaper and you get 2 heads to get the M25 Blinder or 4 heads to get M45.

I also read that the LI has some electrical issues?

If I did use a laser jammer, i'd def want to use a timed shutoff to prevent a cop from becoming too suspicious.
    Last edited by DarkChewby; 04-29-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Well as Greyman says Laser Jammers are illegal in TN
    My mistake. I have now updated the listing in the sticky post.

Also, I was wondering is it better to just buy 2 heads form LI, because it seems like it's much cheaper and you get 2 heads to get the M25 Blinder or 4 heads to get M45.
    What's your priority, cheaper or better?

I also read that the LI has some electrical issues?
    Wherever you read that, it is old, outdated information.

If I did use a laser jammer, i'd def want to use a timed shutoff to prevent a cop from becoming too suspicious.
    A timer is a really bad idea. You never have any idea how much time you have to turn it off before you're past the cop. And it is often only a very few short seconds. It comes with an off switch. Just slam the brakes until you are at the speed limit, then switch it off. It ain't rocket surgery.

Good Citizen

hmm...

I guess Laser INterceptor is the way I'll go.

Now I just need to find where I can get one installed properly. I guess I will contact that person you recommended when I finally make the purchase.

Thanks a lot

I really appreciate it.

I still need to check on the penalties of having and operating a laser jammer in TN and VA.

Yoda of Radar

I still need to check on the penalties of having and operating a laser jammer in TN and VA.
    Tennessee:
    Possession = not greater than thirty (30) days in jail or a fine not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute

Use = not greater than six (6) months in jail or a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute
    Virginia: possession = $96 dollar fine