Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default New guy, help choosing M45 vs LI Dual

h ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/darth_sauron/grandprixf.jpg?t=1240940505
    h ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/darth_sauron/grandprix.jpg?t=1240940504
    Remove the space after the "h".

Neither picture is actually my car, but it's the same make/model/age. I'm driving a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix, black, front and rear MA
    license plates, and the front foglamps are there. I drive in MA, NH,
    and occasionally (rarely?) in NY. I'm on highways a lot, mostly I-93 from the edges of Boston all the way up to the NH Lakes Region. Some regular roads, but mostly in suburbs, not city. Radar detector will be a Valentine One.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Blinder M45 with Veil. That way I get rear protection, and then I'll be relying on the Veil and shape/color of my car to possibly get JTG. My other option is LI Dual, but then the rear of the car is completely unprotected. LI Quad is just too expensive. So do I go for Blinder M45 or LI Dual? How essential is that rear protection? Thank you for your time.

Laser guns of concern (MA, NH, NY) pulled from Speed Trap subforum sticky:
    Stalker, Laser Atlanta, Prolaser II, Pro Laser III, LTI Marksman, LTI Ultralyte.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: New guy, help choosing M45 vs LI Dual

That's a tough call for sure. I question whether the rear Blinders will be effective enough to properly protect the rear of the car from point blank shots, which is the method normally employed by LEOs on rear shots. I'd personally go LI, because you could easily add the rear LI sensors later on down the line, when you could afford it.

Radar Fanatic

OP:

According to the latest GOL tests, you may have an issue with the LTi guns if you employ the Blinder, that's again, according to the table.

I also saw some other yellow squares for the Laser Atlanta and Stalker LZ1.

Go LI dual + Veil and add 2 heads later.

Power User

If you encounter PL2 and LA you better be off buying a powerful jammer, Eg. LI

Speed Demon

As stated above go with LI Dual and add rear heads when you can afford it

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    h ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/darth_sauron/grandprixf.jpg?t=1240940505
    h ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/darth_sauron/grandprix.jpg?t=1240940504
    Remove the space after the "h".

Neither picture is actually my car, but it's the same make/model/age. I'm driving a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix, black, front and rear MA
    license plates, and the front foglamps are there. I drive in MA, NH,
    and occasionally (rarely?) in NY. I'm on highways a lot, mostly I-93 from the edges of Boston all the way up to the NH Lakes Region. Some regular roads, but mostly in suburbs, not city. Radar detector will be a Valentine One.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Blinder M45 with Veil. That way I get rear protection, and then I'll be relying on the Veil and shape/color of my car to possibly get JTG. My other option is LI Dual, but then the rear of the car is completely unprotected. LI Quad is just too expensive. So do I go for Blinder M45 or LI Dual? How essential is that rear protection? Thank you for your time.

Laser guns of concern (MA, NH, NY) pulled from Speed Trap subforum sticky:
    Stalker, Laser Atlanta, Prolaser II, Pro Laser III, LTI Marksman, LTI Ultralyte.
    Well I am going to go against the grain here and not give you a direct answer like.....Buy a LI......

If you were comparing the older Blinders vs. the LI (which is not perfect also) the LI would be the better choice but things have changed and the Blinder J17sc as seen from the newest testing with several members on this board can support because they were at the testing of the new blinder. The only gun gave the new blinder trouble was the LA (whatever ver.) but that is being taken care of from what has been mentioned before.

So I would recommend you be patient and wait for the final results and make your choice without people shoving the LI in your face like its your only choice.

I know some of you members will not like my response but get over it.

Your car front end would be protected with 2 J17sc Blinder heads upfront but that rear is kinda hard but, I have a idea....can you mount the jammer heads under your rear spoiler so they are spread out? A 1 head LI will not even protect that rear if its mounted over the rear plate...
    Last edited by Cherokee Driver; 04-30-2009 at 10:43 AM.

The neat thing, re the OP's linked photos, is that it appears that this particular Grand Prix model has taillights which have protective clear plastic covers on them. It might be easy to remove those clear covers, Veil the taillight corner-cube reflectors, reinstall the clear covers, and then apply a very light and barely visible coat of Veil atop the clear covers. If this is done, then I think that a set of Blinder duals for the rear should prove to be very effective down to a range of about 250 feet or a bit less for some laser gun models.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Driver View Post
    A 1 head LI will not even protect that rear if its mounted over the rear plate...
    Proof?

1 ZR3 rear head is far less powerful than the LI head and it has had great results according to erickonpheonix

There use to be videos on youtube of people testing rear set-up and single diode head by Lidatek, Anti-Laser, LPP, and LE850 kept the gun operator from getting speed. It would be an interesting test to do again

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

At the last Atlanta Jammerfest, I had a few JFG's with my modified ZR4's rear head which is mounted directly above the rear plate on my gold Hyundai. I have no Veil whatsoever on my car either.

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
    At the last Atlanta Jammerfest, I had a few JFG's with my modified ZR4's rear head which is mounted directly above the rear plate on my gold Hyundai. I have no Veil whatsoever on my car either.
    When you say "Modified"...can you talk about that?