Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Optimal setup for my car?

Hello. I am new here, and to the jammer "scene" in general, so I am seeking advice.

I have a steel gray c63 AMG, and I am looking for something to assist me in avoiding the law.

http---------://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/Tkae404/IMG_0148.jpg

(Copy/paste into browser and remove dashes)

That is my car. I am interested in the best jammer on the market, and one of the top detectors. I drive a good mix of highway and city. A setup oriented more towards highway driving would be great, considering I will be making many trips to the beach and back this summer. Price doesn't matter too much, but nothing ridiculous. I live in NC, so if anyone has personal experience on which are optimal for the area, that would be great.

If any more info is needed for an accurate recommendation, let me know and I will be glad to provide.

Thanks.

Professional

Default Re: Optimal setup for my car?

I would recoomend the Laser Interceptor it is the best on the market. mount it in the slits of the grill for best performanc. Cliff who runs LI usa has a merc and will help you out in any way he can

Yoda of Radar

Laser Interceptor quad (2 heads front, 2 heads rear) and a Valentine One radar detector.

Best of the best in both. $1200 for the LI, and $400 for the V1.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Ok, so the LI Quad sounds unanimous so far when it comes to jammers, but I am still confused about the detector - would an installed system (9500ci or ____?) not be superior to a window mount?

Quote Originally Posted by ascentamg View Post

If any more info is needed for an accurate recommendation, let me know and I will be glad to provide.

Thanks.
    Here is my recommended install for your C63 (I've included the direct links as your post count may be too low to allow for you to view them here in The Forum):

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6...installnd4.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3...installxu6.jpg

Cliff - LI-USA/LI-UK

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post

Thanks.
    Here is my recommended install for your C63 (I've included the direct links as your post count may be too low to allow for you to view them here in The Forum):

Cliff - LI-USA/LI-UK
    Alright, those look good. Thanks a lot, Cliff.

Look like the LI Quad is the one for me.

Now, my final question is - installed or window mount detector. Keep in mind, I often have people in the car with me, so an overly loud detector may become inactive, haha. (as I have heard the v1 is going off more than it's quiet).

Any suggestions? I'll go ahead and order once I can get the detector issue sorted out.

Thanks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post

Thanks.

Cliff - LI-USA/LI-UK
    Alright, those look good. Thanks a lot, Cliff.

Look like the LI Quad is the one for me.

Now, my final question is - installed or window mount detector. Keep in mind, I often have people in the car with me, so an overly loud detector may become inactive, haha. (as I have heard the v1 is going off more than it's quiet).

Any suggestions? I'll go ahead and order once I can get the detector issue sorted out.

Thanks so far.
    Opinions vary on this subject but I have always used the WM V1 since 1992 I believe.

Cliff - LI-USA/LI-UK

Experienced

From what I have been reading the 9500ci is going to be the way to go if you have the cash for both systems (LI + 9500ci). If the $3000+- price tag is going to end up being too much then I would suggest the V1 or the 9500ix if you are worried about your passengers. Most people seem to argue that the v1 and 9500ix are basically the same in terms of detection, but that's an argument that I do not wish to start here.

Personally I wouldn't worry so much about the passengers. For example, I only encounter 1 false alarm in a 30 mile trip to my girlfriends house (all highway). And in terms of city, you can always just turn the detector down if encountering too many falses.

EDIT: Great mounting locations Cliff, I agree completely.

Yoda of Radar

The difference between the 9500ci and the V1 is like the difference between a 300 Magnum and a 50 calibre. Is the 50 cal "better"? Sure. But does that make the slightest difference to a deer hunter? No. Dead is dead. If your V1 is sniffing out cops at over two miles distance, what additional benefit is achieved by having a CI sniff them out at around 3 miles? Especially when, with the CI, you have no idea whether the cop is in front of you or behind you. That's an alert you're going to listen to for a very long time, never even knowing that it's someone behind you that isn't a threat. If you had been using a V1, you would have known that right away. There is just no way in hell that overkill distance is worth giving up the unique functions of the V1. And it's certainly not worth paying four-times the price of a V1 for.

As for the noise factor, it's only a significant factor in city driving. You said you do primarily highway driving. Regardless, a Cheetah GPS Mirror or C100 paired with your V1 gives you all the anti-falsing you need for a quiet cabin.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    The difference between the 9500ci and the V1 is like the difference between a 300 Magnum and a 50 calibre. Is the 50 cal "better"? Sure. But does that make the slightest difference to a deer hunter? No. Dead is dead. If your V1 is sniffing out cops at over two miles distance, what additional benefit is achieved by having a CI sniff them out at around 3 miles? Especially when, with the CI, you have no idea whether the cop is in front of you or behind you. That's an alert you're going to listen to for a very long time, never even knowing that it's someone behind you that isn't a threat. If you had been using a V1, you would have known that right away. There is just no way in hell that overkill distance is worth giving up the unique functions of the V1. And it's certainly not worth paying four-times the price of a V1 for.

As for the noise factor, it's only a significant factor in city driving. You said you do primarily highway driving. Regardless, a Cheetah GPS Mirror or C100 paired with your V1 gives you all the anti-falsing you need for a quiet cabin.
    My opinion is the opposite of this one. I own both a 9500ci and a V1 and if I had to choose one, it would certainly be the 9500ci. I much prefer it's feature set, quietness and stealth over my V1.