I'm taking a 1000 mile road trip along I-70 and would like some advice on which items to buy and how long I can expect for shipping (I tried ordering VEIL, but didn't see if it would be here in 7-10 days, 3 months back order, etc).
• Size of vehicle – Porsche Boxster S - pretty low to the ground
• Colour of vehicle – Metallic Seal Gray
• Shape of vehicle – I guess streamlined is the best short description
• Amount of chrome – None that I'm aware of
• Front licence plate – Yes, black plastic and "smoked" cover
• Lights – Gigantic Porsche headlights
I'll be driving through Illinois which appears to have laws against Laser jammers. My goal isn't to drive 90mph, but rather to avoid being caught in the 70mph --> 55 mph speed traps I've been reading about across I-70.
"Should" I be safe with a laser jammer? With space being limited in my tiny car, is a CB radio worth it? What recommendations do people have for radar/laser detectors? If I ordered online today, what are people's experiences with shipping time? I'll be leaving later in June. Looking on the web, I haven't seen any ads indicating VEIL sold in actual stores - just a bunch of online distributors.
I'm looking for the cheapest package that is still effective. I get a bad feeling when I go through Wal-mart and see Cobra stuff, and have yet to read anything good about them. Other reviews I find tend to select 1 product, call it Jesus in a box and the rest garbage. I'm hoping some more unbiased views can inform me here!