Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Re: AntiLaser now present in USA, NY

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    btw... whats the common price for an LI Dual? I´m just curious.
    Are you too lazy to check out their website?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

i found various prices on different shops... different Versions aso.
    so itīs about $700 ?

and yes, im always lazy

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    i found various prices on different shops... different Versions aso.
    so itīs about $700 ?

and yes, im always lazy
    Theres only one authorized distributor... and only one honors warranty and upgrades

Lead Foot

This thread is a bit stale, but as I'm returning to the forums, I thought I might throw in my two cents-

My AL G8 has been a good investment, overall. I ordered a single head system in the Fall of 06. At the time, the LI was mostly a rumor, only having been seen at the GOL LJ/RD tests. A few months after purchasing the system, the company emailed me to tell me that I'd won an extra head in a Christmas raffle they'd had. Strange, but true. Sure enough, I got my extra head a week later via DHL.

I first started getting triple beep errors from the AL sometime around the Fall of 07. Eventually, the unit wouldn't even turn on, just emit the three beep error. I did have the unit turned to constant jam, which isn't manufacturer recommended, but I still don't think that would have caused the failure. I had to ship it back to Croatia for close to $200 and was not happy about that. I was outside of the warranty, but they still did the repair for free.

It sucks that I had to send it back, I will admit. Besides that, I really like my AL system. It's always come through for me. The heads are small enough to be covert and fit in my grill. If I had no jammers now, I don't think I would consider AL until they have a well-established US distributor/repair center.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    I don't want this thread to devolve into a gratuitous product-bashing fest. The last thing we need is to run off yet another product rep who is here to offer customer service.

I don't know what the future holds for AL, but if we do a little more listening than talking here, we might learn. Information is good. Let's not stifle it.
    Totally agree with SS. There is always room for improvement for any product and if AL is very serious about it, we should give them time and time will tell. If they offer their services, that's good for any AL users and possible buyers.

Competition is always good for the consumers.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    I don't want this thread to devolve into a gratuitous product-bashing fest. The last thing we need is to run off yet another product rep who is here to offer customer service.

I don't know what the future holds for AL, but if we do a little more listening than talking here, we might learn. Information is good. Let's not stifle it.
    Totally agree with SS. There is always room for improvement for any product and if AL is very serious about it, we should give them time and time will tell. If they offer their services, that's good for any AL users and possible buyers.

Competition is always good for the consumers.
    couldn't say it better

Power User

it's nice to see that we have one more option for purchasing a laser jammer in the usa

Good Citizen

Competition is what keeps the prices down and quality up. Without competition the manufacturer can sell to whomever they want and price it at whatever they want. And if they go out of business we would all be screwed. More choices the better.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Overpriced and unreliable. Why pay more for less???
    What a basher. Real easy for someone to make a nasty post.

I had my AL's for over a year and no problems so far. They have saved me many, many times. I love my AL's.

Here is the thread I made when I first got them.
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/377376-post1.html

Pictures of the installation on my 4Runner are towards the end of the thread. I have since re-installed them on my Honda Pilot. I don't have pictures of that yet.

The point is that I have not had any problems with my AL's and would recommend them to anyone. I'm glad to see them come to the U.S.

Cheers AL!

Yoda of Radar

Different strokes. Everyone raves about how wonderful and reliable Mac computers are, but I've had nothing but trouble from mine, worse than any PC I've ever owned. Their CS sucks too. Obviously, a lot of people are satisfied with theirs, but you still have to understand the frustration of those who are not.

AL is obviously making the effort to improve things, and that's a positive sign. All of the manufacturers get off to a rocky start. Some recover gracefully. Some don't. AL seems to have a commitment, so I remain optimistic.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob