Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default What jammer can catch 800nm laser?

...if it's possible, of course. I'm not an engeneer and don't have any idea how far is 800nm from 900nm for jammer, LI, for example. Or is it some way to rebuild heads?
    Last edited by mono; 07-09-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Advanced Member

Question Re: What jammer can catch 800nm laser?

What gun used a 800nm laser?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Default Re: What jammer can catch 800nm laser?

LISD-2M, It is russian laser radar. Here is description:

Quote Originally Posted by trailtow View Post
    LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder

LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder measures vehicle speed and range for traffic control. The main advantage of LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is the use of narrow-beam light of semiconductor laser operating at wavelength of 0.8 µm and avalanche photodiode as the receiver that allows to distinguish any vehicle in heavy traffic. The device realizes the pulsed method of ranging with automatic calculation of radial velocity. LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder performs:
    • single measurement of speed and range by pushing of start button or by external signal
    • automatic over-speed control mode, that is measurement of ther speed and range of objects at exceeding of speed limit
    • registration of time of an over-speed accident
    • operation under usual and difficult environmental conditions such as light snow, rain or fog
    • serviceability control mode

Specifications Measurement speed0 - 250 km/h Maximum range to car400 m Measurement range2 - 999 m Range measurement accuracy± 0.3 m +0.001 L Measurement time0.45 s Directional pattern width0.004 x 0.004 rad Field of sight view6° Lifetime5 x 106 cycles InterfaceRS-232 Power supply:
    - 6V, 4 AA battery (1000 measurements at 20 °C)
    - external power supply 12 +-2V, 0.2A Overall dimensions210 x 170 x 92 mm Weightno more 1.3 kg Operating temperature range-30...+50 °C Safety standard: LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is eye-safe device and corresponds to Class 1 LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder also registers a signal miss or loss, eliminates measurement errors because of jumping to another vehicle, automatically makes up to 10 repeat measurements in case of unsuccessful previous ones, has audible signaling indicative of operation and exceeding a speed limit.
    &nbspLISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is designed as a single unit with a built-in battery. At the front of the device there is the sight eyepiece with the built-in digital indicator, the controls, the liquid-crystal display, the mains and interface plugs. The start button is placed at the top of housing. The device is provided by shoulder belt or could be set on a tripod.
    Last edited by mono; 07-09-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Advanced Member

Don't know of any laser jammer that can jam it. Its extremely rare gun.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

It is. Every jammer I know works on 900nm. Do you think 900nm jammer won't work with 800nm radar? Or it's possible?
    Last edited by mono; 07-09-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    ...if it's possible, of course. I'm not an engeneer and don't have any idea how far is 800nm from 900nm for jammer, LI, for example. Or is it some way to rebuild heads?

Well, on the scale it isn't far, but the CPU has to have an algo for the pps as well, not just the wavelength.

The industry range on LIDAR used in LE is 904-905nm.

The Valentine 1 manual for example states that the V1 detects laser between 820nm to 950nm.

I don't believe the heads should be modified, they are designed to recieve and transmit class 1 laser. (I might be mistaken though)

If you look at the laser wavelength chart at:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/images/i...engthchart.gif

You'll see that 800 is in the same range as 900, they are both near Infra Red.

Why are you concerned about 800nm though?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    LISD-2M, It is russian laser radar. Here is description:

Quote Originally Posted by trailtow View Post
    LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder

LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder measures vehicle speed and range for traffic control. The main advantage of LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is the use of narrow-beam light of semiconductor laser operating at wavelength of 0.8 µm and avalanche photodiode as the receiver that allows to distinguish any vehicle in heavy traffic. The device realizes the pulsed method of ranging with automatic calculation of radial velocity. LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder performs:
    • single measurement of speed and range by pushing of start button or by external signal
    • automatic over-speed control mode, that is measurement of ther speed and range of objects at exceeding of speed limit
    • registration of time of an over-speed accident
    • operation under usual and difficult environmental conditions such as light snow, rain or fog
    • serviceability control mode

Specifications Measurement speed0 - 250 km/h Maximum range to car400 m Measurement range2 - 999 m Range measurement accuracy± 0.3 m +0.001 L Measurement time0.45 s Directional pattern width0.004 x 0.004 rad Field of sight view6° Lifetime5 x 106 cycles InterfaceRS-232 Power supply:
    - 6V, 4 AA battery (1000 measurements at 20 °C)
    - external power supply 12 +-2V, 0.2A Overall dimensions210 x 170 x 92 mm Weightno more 1.3 kg Operating temperature range-30...+50 °C Safety standard: LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is eye-safe device and corresponds to Class 1 LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder also registers a signal miss or loss, eliminates measurement errors because of jumping to another vehicle, automatically makes up to 10 repeat measurements in case of unsuccessful previous ones, has audible signaling indicative of operation and exceeding a speed limit.
    &nbspLISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is designed as a single unit with a built-in battery. At the front of the device there is the sight eyepiece with the built-in digital indicator, the controls, the liquid-crystal display, the mains and interface plugs. The start button is placed at the top of housing. The device is provided by shoulder belt or could be set on a tripod.

You'll have to know the Pulse Per Second as well, not just the wavelength.

Old Timer

I'd guess the heads would have to be modified. Even though it is class 1 laser (isn't that just a measure of power?), the diode/led can only transmit within a certain wavelength. 904 nm is where they peak, with luminosity quickly dropping off as you stray away from peak.

Just from a quick search, this diode only has a range of only 20 nm. Of course, you'd have to look at the specs of the LEDs/Laser Diodes that manufacturers use. Maybe those might cover it. For example, the older LEDs that Blinder used were 880 nm, if I'm not mistaking, but they still were able to cover the 904 nm of police laser. Maybe LEDs have a larger range of "bleeding" over?

The same thing applies to the receiving diode, though I think those are a lot more forgiving, and accept a wider range. And then, of course, you still have to some up with the jamming algo for the gun.

Of course, now I'm waiting for MEM-TEK or Jimbonzz to come in here and raise the BS flag on my post.

Newcomer

th3 factory freak Thank you much for the explanation. I think that it is near 100pps. I just had a suppose that manufacturers can use some filters or recievers that narrow laser band to, let's say, 50nm to reduce falses, but if you say class 1, i believe you know better. I am concerned just because they are used here in Russia.

Newcomer

Lightbulb Re: What jammer can catch 800nm laser?

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    I'd guess the heads would have to be modified. Even though it is class 1 laser (isn't that just a measure of power?), the diode/led can only transmit within a certain wavelength. 904 nm is where they peak, with luminosity quickly dropping off as you stray away from peak.

Just from a quick search, this diode only has a range of only 20 nm. Of course, you'd have to look at the specs of the LEDs/Laser Diodes that manufacturers use. Maybe those might cover it. For example, the older LEDs that Blinder used were 880 nm, if I'm not mistaking, but they still were able to cover the 904 nm of police laser. Maybe LEDs have a larger range of "bleeding" over?

The same thing applies to the receiving diode, though I think those are a lot more forgiving, and accept a wider range. And then, of course, you still have to some up with the jamming algo for the gun.

Of course, now I'm waiting for MEM-TEK or Jimbonzz to come in here and raise the BS flag on my post.
    Hard to say it better than you. I've thought about LED specifications, but haven't dig yet. And it's little heavily for me to say in English what i mean in Russian. I guess it's possible to modify the heads without special equipment. Ok, I think I have to look at the specifications.