Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mobile Installer

Default Re: I just bought a Pro laser I for $600- did i get a deal?

Prolaser 2 is a very nice gun, Ive had mine for 2 years now gets the job done has very good range.prolaser 1 is a good deal god for bid if something breaks on that gun be ready to spend mad money to get it fixed parts are hard to get for that gun.
    Last edited by radarrob; 08-02-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Yoda of Radar

I'm going to dissent here and say that I'd just stick with the PLI you already have. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Neither the I nor the II are particularly useful for testing the effectiveness of your set-up. How it performs against either gun is not at all indicative of how it will perform against any other gun. It just doesn't work that way.

If you want something to play with, the PLI is as good as anything else, and if it's in mint shape, that's a good price. If you want something useful for testing, you're going to have to pony up a lot more cash than you want to. But why pay an extra $200 bucks for something that is no more useful than what you got for $600?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

well i got out of the transaction with the pro laser 1, and i got a pro laser 2 in perfect condition for the SAME price.

Should be here next week.

I am SOOO excited to test it out! lol anything i should keep in mind? Any tricks to use the thing?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cduluk View Post
    well i got out of the transaction with the pro laser 1, and i got a pro laser 2 in perfect condition for the SAME price.

I am SOOO excited to test it out! lol anything i should keep in mind? Any tricks to use the thing?
    Make sure you clean the lenses correctly if needed be. Did you read the manual for the gun already? I have it in PDF if you need it.

You'll get a kick of sitting in your car and clocking targets that pass you.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

I thought about picking that one up but passed. Already running out of room on my "speed toys" shelf.

Radar Fanatic

Try this. It works with my PL2 pretty much the same...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSBo3rwyFU&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Kustom Pro Laser III Panning and Sweep errors[/ame]

Takes a bit of practice at first not to move the gun too fast but once you get the hang of it, you will be amazed .

It works with my marksman and UL also but I did find it harder to recreate. The PL2 will not lock on a "0" speed like them so it will keep on giving you a helpful tone whereas they will not.

Newcomer

The pro laser II should be here friday. I can't wait to test it out with my system...

If i'm on the side of the highway in my car clocking people with the gun, do you think a trooper might pull over and ask me to stop or something? Legally, would i have to?

Radar Fanatic

The pro laser II should be here friday. I can't wait to test it out with my system...

If i'm on the side of the highway in my car clocking people with the gun, do you think a trooper might pull over and ask me to stop or something? Legally, would i have to?
    Side of a highway meaning a Freeway?

On the freeway, there's a good chance a trooper may stop by and inquire about your activities. Stopping on the shoulder of a freeway is usually done for emergency purposes and the State Patrol would most likely prefer if you did not stop in order to play with your speed toys, for your own safety.

Having said that, I would recommend you pick a nice 35-45 MPH road inside town, where there are businesses on both sides of the highway and some parked cars. It's much easier to blend in that way and you're less likely to be bothered by anyone, although you might get some weird looks from people.

Radar Fanatic

I find it very hard to locate a good spot to shoot laser from. I was lucky enough to find a quiet overpass near enough to me here that I can use without much traffic annoying me.

It is easier to shoot laser without being noticed by night .

Yoda of Radar

I have almost as many people call the police on me at night as during the day. All the idiots with their cellphones who are just dying for a chance to call 911. To them, every car parked on the side of the road is a "really bad wreck!"

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob