Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Weather tolerance of Laser Jammers

I live in an area of 4 seasons. We get all types of weather. Heavy snow, heavy thunderstorms, heat waves, extreme cold, etc.. Are laser jammers designed to withstand these types of extremes? It might be a dumb question, but I don't want to put multiple hundreds of dollars down on something that would break in harsh winter conditions.

Power User

Default Re: Weather tolerance of Laser Jammers

All jammer heads would suffer from weathering, but it all depends on how good the jammer heads are built,this is why warranty is important.

Old Timer

I have had LI for the past year and 1 month on an evo and a set of LI for the past 9 months on a civic and the heads are both fine...I have gone through every type of weather and temperature with them and they have been fine...also u get a 2 year warranty...Blinders also have a very good reliability record

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    I have had LI for the past year and 1 month on an evo and a set of LI for the past 9 months on a civic and the heads are both fine...I have gone through every type of weather and temperature with them and they have been fine...also u get a 2 year warranty...Blinders also have a very good reliability record
    Good, because I plan on getting a Blinder

The upstate NY members of this forum know what I'm talking about

Good Citizen

This is good to hear. Although I plan to take mine off during the winter. I don't trust WI's super concentrated corossive salt.

So far no problems with my LI's during the midwest summer rainstorms.

Old Timer

i mean i try to avoid driving them in 15 degree weather and snow storms with the salt on the road but just make sure u clean the heads very so often

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyem1 View Post
    This is good to hear. Although I plan to take mine off during the winter. I don't trust WI's super concentrated corossive salt.

Oh yeah, salt. In the winter months, roads around here are bathed in loads of salt. That can't be good for jammer heads.

Advanced Member

My car has seen all types of weather with all of my jammers and no real problems to speak of. My car is never under covers or in a garage either. I use to go to school in upstate NY

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

I live in Indiana I have had Blinder M-20's for three years they hold up well.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by nyjason13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyem1 View Post

Oh yeah, salt. In the winter months, roads around here are bathed in loads of salt. That can't be good for jammer heads.
    Bathed is an understatement. Update NY winter are no joke, I would def take off my jammers once winter rolls around, but then again I wouldn't be speeding excessively to need them either, waaay too dangerous.