Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default LTI Truecam defeats laser jammers?

Laser Technology - TruCAM Laser Speed Gun with Video

"It can defeat jam detectors and offers reliable data encryption that ensures your evidence is always secure."

is this just marketing humbo jumbo?

snoopyc4

Default Re: LTI Truecam defeats laser jammers?

Repost. I think they meant to say "laser detectors". I don't think it can beat jammers.

Experienced

This is the same as the other guns that also claim to defeat jammers just with a cam, the camera is just to help in court or countries where they don't have to pull you over and just mail the ticket.

Old Timer

I believe that the latest-generation LI definitely handles the TruCam (Metric variant of the TruSpeed, equipped with a camera attachment), in term of jamming.

I'm not that up-to-date on European/Asian hardware, though - but I'd imagine that at the very least, the Mx7 from Blinder, as well as the AL G9.1, would handle the jamming aspect, too.

The camera, though, I wonder, if it will be able to pick up IR emissions.

Certainly, I can see why they'd claim that it's, as snoopyc4 would have it read instead - "detector proof." We've seen with multiple independent hobbyist tests now that the TruSpeed is rather hard to detect, but once detected, jamming it, as long as one's got the right algorithm, really isn't much of a problem.

Mobile Installer

Last edited by radarrob; 08-13-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Speed Demon

Ok, keep in mind that LTI has two versions of the TruSpeed, one with jammer detection and one with jammer detection and avoidance (those are how they refer to the different firmwares in-house).

Also keep in mind that the version with jammer detection and avoidance has an increased range over the version that just has jammer detection.

Now, look at the specifications of the TruCAM:
    Laser Technology - TruCAM Specifications

Maximum range: 4,000 feet (the current US model is only 2,000)
    Anti-Jam: Automatic Laser Jammer Avoidance (the current US model only has jamer detection, not detection AND avoidance)

Looks to me like the Euro TruSpeed was molded into the TruCAM. As of right now, several jammers DO NOT jam this gun. I am not too worried though, because the camera variants of the Stalker LZ1 and Kustom Pro Laser III aren't very common (and they are also expensive).

Hopefully the LI update for the Euro TruSpeed comes soon...

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Just1n View Post
    Ok, keep in mind that LTI has two versions of the TruSpeed, one with jammer detection and one with jammer detection and avoidance (those are how they refer to the different firmwares in-house).

Also keep in mind that the version with jammer detection and avoidance has an increased range over the version that just has jammer detection.

Now, look at the specifications of the TruCAM:
    Laser Technology - TruCAM Specifications

Maximum range: 4,000 feet (the current US model is only 2,000)
    Anti-Jam: Automatic Laser Jammer Avoidance (the current US model only has jamer detection, not detection AND avoidance)

Looks to me like the Euro TruSpeed was molded into the TruCAM. As of right now, several jammers DO NOT jam this gun. I am not too worried though, because the camera variants of the Stalker LZ1 and Kustom Pro Laser III aren't very common (and they are also expensive).

Hopefully the LI update for the Euro TruSpeed comes soon...
    ^ That is indeed what I understood to be the case, that the TruCam is essentially a Metric TruSpeed "core."

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...echnology.html

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...speed-2-a.html

From the looks of it, at least the LI and AL G9 (or 9.1) properly identifies as well as protects against the Metric TruSpeed (and, I would thus imagine, by-extension, the TruCam).

I would imagine that, given the recent introduction date of the new Mx7 Blinder, that it should also incorporate jamming for this device, although that is an unknown at this point.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    All the evidence they get is just going to be JTG
    ^ True, but given the laws of some of these areas, that's not something that you'd want documented.

I predict that, very soon, our brothers and sisters across the oceans will start to incorporate aftermarket LED "accent lighting" on their vehicles (with self-retrofitted IR LEDs), in an effort to confound such "evidence." Either that, or some other way of combating this issue/concern.

Last edited by TSi+WRX; 08-13-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Power User

Truscam is just the VPR Truspeed with camera

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Truscam is just the VPR Truspeed with camera
    I realize this, but look at the specifications page... all units are US Customary. Now, the TruCAM is not yet IACP approved, but who knows if LTI are still working on that...

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Just1n View Post
    I realize this, but look at the specifications page... all units are US Customary. Now, the TruCAM is not yet IACP approved, but who knows if LTI are still working on that...
    VPR guns are not allowed under IACP regulations.

http://www.theiacp.org/LinkClick.asp...0%3d&tabid=245

Page 42: