Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Sethy-i need some ideas

I may or may not be getting my jetta so im thinking about getting some M40's for the navi. only prob is, its pretty much impossible to have a clean install cuz theres nowhere good to put em. i have a custom grill but it has bars on it that go both horizontle and vertical, so i cant do anything there, theres not enough room under the grill, theres no room under the headlights, the only place i can think of is this little compartment in the bumper, but all thats going to do is protect my plate, not my headlights. this is a pic of a navi just like mine, mines in the shop so i cant get a pic of it right now, ill get one tomo night when i get it back. any ideas? i figured since youve installed prob the most jammers that anyone here, youd prob be the person to talk to, but all ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Old Timer

Wouldnt do the blinder until they release their prototype unit. In the GOL tests, the current retail blinder was only truely affective on the SUV against the prolaser.

Unless you cut the grill, there is no way you can protect your headlight area.

I would usually say veil would take care of you since you own a black car, but there is a lot of chrome on the front, and the side veiw mirrors are your biggest problem, and if the officer aimed at your headlight, even if that car has veil on the headlights, there is so much chrome on the side veiw mirror it would be worthless... if the officer hits your headlight at 500 feet, this is probibally what it would look like...

Radar Fanatic

i shoudnt have said it was "exactly" like mine. mine is hunter green and doesnt have the chrome side mirrors (thankfully ). the side mirrors are all black. but i do have the chrome grill :? . should i wait until the AL6 comes, and get two heads? then break open part of the grill?

Old Timer

Waiting for the AL6 to come out would be one of the best choices, but who knows when that will be?

Radar Fanatic

yeah ill order VEIL and Lasershield from Roy next week. ill put the LS on the rear just for S&G's (Sh*!'s and giggles) cuz in GA you dont need a front plate nor do i want one

Power User

yeah forget the Blinder...new jammers out soon....way better and smaller and less heads too

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Wouldnt do the blinder until they release their prototype unit. In the GOL tests, the current retail blinder was only truely affective on the SUV against the prolaser.

Unless you cut the grill, there is no way you can protect your headlight area.

I would usually say veil would take care of you since you own a black car, but there is a lot of chrome on the front, and the side veiw mirrors are your biggest problem, and if the officer aimed at your headlight, even if that car has veil on the headlights, there is so much chrome on the side veiw mirror it would be worthless... if the officer hits your headlight at 500 feet, this is probibally what it would look like...

any suggestions for Audi A4 2.0T?

Radar Fanatic

take a dremel and knock out about 2 of the vertical plastic pieces imbetween the horizontle pieces and stick some M20s in there. not the entire verticle piece just a little section of each-the red circles in the pic

Power User

Like I said, forget the Blinders..old technology...grab some new tech when it is out for sale

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    Like I said, forget the Blinders..old technology...grab some new tech when it is out for sale
    How proven is the new tech in real word performance?