Default Best Match for X50 (plus a couple of newb questions)

So, I just got an X50 and for radar it has been awesome. However, I just got zapped by a laser and was dead in the water...so, I have some questions.

1) What would be a good jammer compliment to the X50? Is the blinder the way to go or would a ZX3 be better since the two can integrate? Also, I would really like for the system to be moveable when/if I change cars (sell, not day-to-day change). Can most systems move between vehicles?

2) When I got the ticket, the cop was on an overpass. Since most jammer installs stress the importance of the diodes being level, would it be less effective against an elevated attack?

3) I have been reading about Veil, and for the price it seems to be a worthwhile investment. Anyone have any reasons not to use it?

4) My best friend is in his second year of law school. Between the two of us, and some decent research. Is there any chance that I could beat the ticket in court? Anyone one done it? Advice?

FYI, I have a black 01 BMW 330 Ci (convertible)
    Are convertibles easier to detect? Not sure how all the physics work, but would think no since the roof is cloth and probably reflects even less light (although I doubt cops would be shooting the roof anyway). Lastly, is its grille susceptible to laser? Is there anything else that I can do to help out with that?

Any other suggestions? First post...trying to figure it all out.

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathon

Advanced Member

Default Re: Best Match for X50 (plus a couple of newb questions)

Welcome to the board!
    My 2 cents:

Quote Originally Posted by jsuggs
    1) What would be a good jammer compliment to the X50? Is the blinder the way to go or would a ZX3 be better since the two can integrate? Also, I would really like for the system to be moveable when/if I change cars (sell, not day-to-day change). Can most systems move between vehicles?
    Don't buy anything just because it can be integrated, as it doesn't really much for you. Buy for performance. If it can also be integrated, then great. Actually the ZR3 is pretty good for the retail stuff that is out there, and it will integrate with the X50.

2) When I got the ticket, the cop was on an overpass. Since most jammer installs stress the importance of the diodes being level, would it be less effective against an elevated attack?
    Very possibly. I don't think this specific scenario has been tested.

3) I have been reading about Veil, and for the price it seems to be a worthwhile investment. Anyone have any reasons not to use it?
    Not at all, it will enhance the performance of any jammer.

4) My best friend is in his second year of law school. Between the two of us, and some decent research. Is there any chance that I could beat the ticket in court? Anyone one done it? Advice?
    Others on here have done it, talk to suf daddy.

FYI, I have a black 01 BMW 330 Ci (convertible)
    Are convertibles easier to detect?
    Probably not much of a difference, since police don't generally aim for the top.

Jim

I actually saw 3 laser speed traps from overpasses on a trip from north alabama to florida. That could be a good test scenario. Wonder if that is why they do it, or if it is more for the being out of plain view.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response. From reading around it looks like there are several new jammers getting ready to hit the market. So, I may wait till after Christmas to make the purchase...see how bad the bank account looks after Santa Clause rolls through. Also, tons of good info on here, great forum!

-Jonathon

Professional

is that your car in your avatar? if it is, looks pretty sweet to me. if i were you, i'd get veil and a lasershield (both can be found here) for starters while your looking for a good jammer. if you dont have a front license plate, then dont worry about the lasershield. when you do get a jammer, these will help reduce your punch-through ranges and will help protect you for now. good thing you have a black car! less laser reflectivity than lighter colors