Newcomer

Default I Bit The Bullit...

Four months ago I decided on the Blinder over a Lidatek. Mostly from reading the tests. Well, after only 4 months, my Blinder.....went blind. I spent a few hours testing and troubleshooting it. It appears that the control module is bad. By the time I got it all unwired and removed, I was furious with it. I dont mind spending the time and money for something worthwhile, but I have absolutely no patience for this kind of crap.

I called Lidatek and talked to an engineer there. He recommended a dual transponder LE-30 since Im installing it on a truck. I went ahead and bit the bullit, and placed an order. Its on its way.
    I really, really hope that this thing works as promised. We are swamped with speed traps here and a laser jammer would be worth its weight in platinum.

Professional

YOu can ship that junk blinder to me if you want!!

Sorry to hear about your problem, Did you contact Blinder to see about a warranty?

Advanced Member

I would of see if your blinder warranty was valid first

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

I rolled the dice and lost. Caveat emptor, lesson learned. Spending any more time or money trying to make this one deliver minimal expectations is just 'backing up'. I would much rather 'move forward' and search for a better product. I refuse to be an unwilling beta tester on my dime and time.

That said, Im skeptical but still interested in finding a laser jammer, so I will give the Lidatek a shot. I just hope they did some performance and longevity testing on their product before they stuffed it in a box and asked for my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by NozeBleedSpeed
    ... I refuse to be an unwilling beta tester on my dime and time.
    As a thoughtful observer, I hate fanboyism most amongst internet social phenomena. So I tend to view your cynicism with great favor - at least at first.

But yours is the only story I can recall where the unit was actually bad, and I read this board every damn day. Your case would appear to be isolated. Further, *****ing online about a product without allowing their distributor to make things right is just plain childish. Besides, Blinder's customer service appears to be first-rate. Did you purchase your unit from Roy? Even better.

Bottom line: if you do not contact Blinder for warranty service, then don't come to us.

Administrator

Default Bad Unit

It appears that the control module is bad
    Well all the control unit does is act as an connecting interface, the electronic parts inside are minimal at best.

If you purchased a couple months ago it has a warranty. If you got it from us give me a call and we will work out what the problem is. If you got it from someplace else get with Leon.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Newcomer

I appreciate the help but I bought it from a sound shop here locally, not your website.
    Today, my son took all the components back to the shop, after his classes. It took them awhile to figure out what had failed. They shot down the module. They wanted to order the replacement part, but after a couple of phone calls with the owner, I persuaded him to replace it with one from a kit in stock. They bench tested it and said it was now working again.

Im not sure which car I will install this in. Most of my cars have very tight grills that would obstruct the heads. It will fit the Super Duty but the front clip is so big that I dont think 2 transponders will even cover it, so its probably wasted on it.

In the meantime, Im looking forward to trying the Lidatek. It should be here next week. It will get the hardest test of all, my Lightning. This one is the easiest of my cars for the laser cops to pick off. F150 clip with large lower front valance, large chrome headlight bezels, large chrome fogs below and shiny silver paint. A freakin monkey could hit it. I bet the laser cops probably just giggle when they see this thing coming at them.

Advanced Member

you might want to get a laser sheild for the front plate and VEIL and smoked headlight covers to futher reduce you detection range

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96