Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default NYS Troopers w/LTI Ultralyte= 1, Me with LE-30 duel =0

Got nailed today, first real hit with a laser since my June intstall and it went not so good. Cant imagine the distance he targeted me at or where he did, but the LE30s and the V1 both went off at the same time. I might have been penalized for a jam code. He may have been 500-100 feet, but it is hard to say since no distance is listed on the ticket. The LE30 *may* have worked great, but I still got the ticket. Oh well, read more over here:

http://radardetector.net/NYS-LTI-Ult...5mph-6182t.php

Sorry to kinda cross post.

Newcomer

FnA.

Sorry to hear this, Talo. That sucks, for sure.

Thanks for posting tho as it is a great reminder, no matter what we install, we are not invincible. When they want to ticket us, they will.

Dammit.

Best of luck if you contest the ticket. Please keep us informed.

Power User

A real steady hand or tripod and shooting the headlight first could be deadly even with a jammer with this gun. This is because the beam is more vertical on the Ultralyte. Other laser guns have a more horizontal beam.

If you have Veil on your head lights and your jammer heads are in perfect position, you should be ok most of the time.

Newcomer

Have veil on too.
    The odd thing is i was in the passing lane, he was in a rest stop. There was a bunch of traffic between he and I. I would not say he had a clean shot at me, since I was the third car deep in the passing lane

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by talo
    Have veil on too.
    The odd thing is i was in the passing lane, he was in a rest stop. There was a bunch of traffic between he and I. I would not say he had a clean shot at me, since I was the third car deep in the passing lane
    +

Maybe he didn't and used another guy's speed because of the jam code. Come on AL6...

Professional

sorry to hear about your ticket, gotta love it when cops dish out BS like that...

what probably happend is he hit the cars infront of you and got a reading on them, then when he targeted you and didn't get a reading, he suspected you to had a jammer. then, just to be an @$$hole, he gave you a ticket for their speed becuase he couldn't get a reading. probably trying to teach you a lesson.

at least its your first in 16 years...could have been your 2nd in a week

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    sorry to hear about your ticket, gotta love it when cops dish out BS like that...

what probably happend is he hit the cars infront of you and got a reading on them, then when he targeted you and didn't get a reading, he suspected you to had a jammer. then, just to be an @$$hole, he gave you a ticket for their speed becuase he couldn't get a reading. probably trying to teach you a lesson.

at least its your first in 16 years...could have been your 2nd in a week
    yes, that came up to my mind as well. They are pros, they know how the system works. Its gonna be hard to beat their word in court no matter what

Newcomer

Is it not required to identify distance you were tagged? I would think this would be critical, especially in a LIDAR ticket considering that being too close or too far will have impacts on accuracy. Thoughts?

Yoda of Radar

I doubt it is actually required, but it is one more detail you can add in your case.

Advanced Member

that sux man...are your jamming heads perfectly level?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96