... what features would you want in it?
I'm thinking of developing one along the lines of the Speedlabs one, with multiple pulse rates. Some things I'll do with mine:
1. If I end up making them to sell, they'll be cheaper than the Speedlabs.
2. Cover the popular gun pulse rates. Use a crystal oscillator for accuracy (since some cheap testers only trigger "Unknown Gun" alerts on the LI).
3. Include stealth mode.
4. Include a wired remote trigger, and maybe also an external IR LED. This way you can tape the LED to a jammer head and then trigger the tester (and jammer) from inside the car, for doing in-parked-car jammer demo/test videos without having to drive the car or have someone aim the tester or a gun at the heads. Also handy for testing/demoing/videoing the JTK-1 auto-kill.
5. Also offer a deluxe version with user configurable PPS rate, pulse width, number of pulses per cycle (for testing variations on stealth mode). Handy for comparing detection and filtering algorithms on different RDs/jammers.
6. Help keep Ghetto Engineers employed, or at least get them out of their dreary day jobs.
Thoughts? Other ideas?