Scratonicity Groupie

Default How many jammers?

Well, after selling the EVO i'm moving on to my next new toy a 1JZ MKIII Supra. Little easier on the pocket book, and is the first car I can ever just pay cash for

I'm thinking VEIL is all I really need on this car however why not go all out I have 2 blinders right now, but I'm thinking about putting those for the rear, and maybe to new antilasers up front along with VEIL

Yoda of Radar

Yeah stealth the HELL out of that car!

two M40's, one for back one for front AND a pair of antilasers too.

Advanced Member

if thats the car you'd only really need 1-AntiLaser especially with veil and front plates not being required

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Default Re: How many jammers?

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    Well, after selling the EVO i'm moving on to my next new toy a 1JZ MKIII Supra. Little easier on the pocket book, and is the first car I can ever just pay cash for

I'm thinking VEIL is all I really need on this car however why not go all out I have 2 blinders right now, but I'm thinking about putting those for the rear, and maybe to new antilasers up front along with VEIL
    i'd say put your blinders on there and you'd be good to go. you'd probably get a punch through @ like 200-300 feet or less with veil only, why not get some JTG's if you can? never hurts to be extra careful. plus when you have to put up your headlights at night, you'll need the extra protection of the blinders.

Newcomer

In that same vein, I'm trying to figure out how many jamming units I need on my car. Pics of the car's twin (mine is same color, etc.) are below. I will not be running a front plate (in violation of Texas law, I know). The car is dark and narrow and the headlights themselves are small (although the openings are substantial). So I don't know if I should do 1 in the middle or 2 - with 1 under each of the extreme portions of the grill.

As for the rear, the reflectors are each just about the width of a blinder unit (4 inches), so I could put two back there (the reflectors are just that, they aren't powered) - but would that be overkill? And would I be better of with one right near the license plate. Also, the exhaust/muffler runs straight across and behind the rear panel - will heat be an issue for a jammer unit?

Finally, if I do two front and one back, is there an M-30? Or a way to create one? It seems that the Blinders are sold only in pairs. I would consider waiting for the AL-6, but with an uncertain wait and laser being used in this area, it's more risk than I really want to take.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Rich

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by EuclidJr

that is one freakin sweet car *drool* . i'd say get an m20 for the front (put one on either side of the grill as close as possible to the headlights) and some veil for your headlights/turn signals. as for getting an m-30 you can contact roy about getting a 3rd head when you order. i plan on doing this for my white car so that i will have better protection around the license plate and for both headlights. it will cost a bit more but the main unit has connections for 4 heads so that you can upgrade the number of heads if you want

Professional

speaking of how many and where...heres my idea of what to do for my car. whaddya guys think? (the little red areas are where i was thinking of mounting. i believe its less than 18 inches to the headlights from the unit