Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Defenseless against laser?

So what do you think? A LEO's wet dream when shooting laser? Worth it to even try to shield against it by adding a jammer, Veil LaserShield, etc.?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Defenseless against laser?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    So what do you think? A LEO's wet dream when shooting laser? Worth it to even try to shield against it by adding a jammer, Veil LaserShield, etc.?

I dunno... I'd never expect a 4-banger Accord sedan to be exceeding the limit...

Longsnowsm

Exactly, if your going to be stealth then do it in a car nobody expects If your a LEO who are you going to watch to be speeding? A white Geo Metro? A a soccer ball hauling mini van? Or a sport couple(you name your flavor)? If your driving something nobody expects to be speeding sounds pretty smart to me.

Longsnowsm

Yoda of Radar

The Accord doesn't really have any chrome and the headlights are relatively narrow. If you could find the same car in black, it would be very good lidar-stealth wise.

Even in silver it is very stealthy "to the eye", but the best in that regard would HAVE to be the beige.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I dunno... I'd never expect a 4-banger Accord sedan to be exceeding the limit...
    LOL.....true, and LEO's probably don't either, like Longsnowsm said....so that's one "good thing" I suppose. But actually the VTEC 4 cylinder with 150 horses will surprise you (they also offer 6 cylinders in Accords....with 200 horses, I believe). That engine is packed with some punch and built incredibly well, since it's actually more of a high performance type engine than the size would lead many to believe. (Remember many of the 8 cylinders from the 70's? Many of those were rated at around 135 HP)

This car has one of those paint jobs that gives the appearance of bright silver in the daytime or when it is sunny or light is shining on it, but is a very light blueish color at night or when it is dark, cloudy or overcast. If you squint your eyes a little just looking at the picture I think you can kind of see it a little bit. But as for my driving habits, I really don't even speed all that often, except during lengthy interstate travel (which is somewhat frequent for me). But with this bad case of Murphy's Law that I have contracted, it's better to be safe than sorry when traveling interstates throughout the south and midwest. :wink:

But don't let the 4-banger fool you, SmaartAasSaab....I was simply cruising and climbed above 80 on the interstate (65 MPH limit) just the other day before I even realized it by accident as my eye just happened to catch the speedometer. I've also "punched it" some at times in the city just to see what it will do, and I have every bit confidence that this little 2.3L VTEC will supply all the power that is needed and then some. I'm just hoping I don't supply it the power during one of those times when I shouldn't be.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Sethy's car is silver, but his Blinder does a pretty good job of protecting it:
    http://www.kc8unj.com/radar/guysofli...dex.html#sethy
    Thanks for that link, Jim....that's definitely a little more encouraging. Hopefully maybe Sethy will see this thread and can share some of his experiences with his equipment.

Advanced Member

Veil, LaserSheild, and a jammer would suit you well and give you great protection

BTW I have had nothing but good experiences in my silver car however i wish my lidatek jammed for longer than 5sec

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

But don't let the 4-banger fool you, SmaartAasSaab....I was simply cruising and climbed above 80 on the interstate (65 MPH limit) just the other day before I even realized it by accident as my eye just happened to catch the speedometer. I've also "punched it" some at times in the city just to see what it will do, and I have every bit confidence that this little 2.3L VTEC will supply all the power that is needed and then some. I'm just hoping I don't supply it the power during one of those times when I shouldn't be.
    Yeah I know the power of the 4 don't worry, I remember the first time I took a 900 Turbo on the highway, I was going about 50mi/h in 5th gear (~2000r/min) on the on-ramp and floored it. Before I knew it the speedo needle was stuck against the button that resets the trip odometer (so somewhere around 135mi/h). That's only a 2,0 litre too 8) (but turbo). Since then I have owned about half a dozen Saab 900's of the similar vintage and am going to get myself a free parts car later next week, if I can find a way to load it on my trailer (it has no front suspension...)

Lead Foot

Saabs have always been great cars.....just like the Honda Accord. Mechanically sound, sturdy, reliable, etc. Thing is, the LOOKS of the Saabs have come a long way, baby!

From the boxy "grandpa" kinda look

to today's sporty feel.

I was actually looking into a Saab before I bought the Accord.....and the deciding factor for me was I had owned an Accord before, and knew how mechanically reliable, dependable and durable they are (probably the same reason you've owned many Saabs).....