I have outlined a Laser Countermeasure code based on the wisdom of many who have posted on this topic previously. All members of this forum, should abide by the code, to ensure the benefits of countermeasures are sustained.
1) Don't JTG or JFG. Allow LEOs to read your speed at the PSL.
2) Don't use the phrase laser jammer. Call it a laser shifter, laser interceptor, or laser countermeasure. Jamming radio signals is illegal, and while laser is not radio, the use of similar language may raise opposition to these devices from the uneducated. I even think the name of this section of the forum should be changed accordingly.
3) Do not discuss your laser shifters with anyone who is not highly likely to buy them him/herself and to abide by this code. Raising general awareness is likely to raise likelihood of restrictive regulations.
4) Do not post videos of these countermeasures in effect on you-tube with open access.
5) Do not discuss these countermeasures with anyone in law enforcement - period. It does not matter if they are your brother, cousin, friend or lover.
6) Most important - never tell a LEO how to overcome such a device.