Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Angry Help choose LJ for 01 Nissan Frontier

I am pretty new to the forum, but have been reading it very much for the past several months. Decided to finally join after last might's incident. Anywho, I am active duty, driving on base last night, PSL is 40, doing about 44-45, two lane road, I am in the left lane, late at night. Not too bad, right..? Well, about half a mile or so before the gate, the road gets curvy plus I am going downhill, about 40 degrees angle or something like. I have been down that road quite a few times. Close to the end of the curve, the PSL suddenly changes to 30 MPH, and I completely spaced out and missed the sign.... Anyone wants to take a guess what happens after that...? Of course, there was a cop sitting there, a few hundred meters past the 30 MPH sign, with a PL3 My V1 goes off and lets me know I have been lit up....Point blank range, head on, saw him way too late...He pulls me over and politely lets me know I was doing 15 over and gives me a ticket When I was well within the PSL just not long time ago and didnt realize I was in a 30 MPH zone That is one BS call!!!! Now, the "good" thing is, if you get pulled over on base here in WA, its not a state ticket and doesnt go on your driving record. BUT, if I get 12 pts within a year, my base driving privileges get suspended One more ticket for me and I am done.
    Now to the point. I have been wanting to get LI dual for quite some time, and was just waiting for the winter to be over. Well, now looks like I will be getting my LI waaaaaaaay sooner! I will just have to slow down on base and be on alert at all times, but I still want a LJ so that I could be protected from BS calls like that at least! Sooo, I have a Nissan Frontier, YELLOW, does that mean I am screwed? I have my V1, worked wonders for me, planning to get LI dual + Veil. Question, would LI dual regular be sufficient or I would need to get LI HP version..? I have talked to guys at Car Toys, they said they could install it for me. What would be best place to mount it..? Please HELP!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Please help!

Post up a picture of the front. Or the year and model/trim package you have so we can track down a picture. They let you drive around base w/ a radar detector? The guy at the gate here always gives me crap about my V1 and lets me know that it's not allowed on base, even if it's off and tells me to tuck it out of sight.. In fact he looked at my suction cups before I even pulled in this morning..
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 01-20-2010 at 08:22 AM.

Good Citizen

Sorry, cant post pics yet But here is the info: 2001 Nissan Frontier, SE, 4x4, 2-door, extended cab, YELLOW
    As far as driving on base with a RD, well what do you expect from retired military guys from Wackenhut at the gate? Never had an isssue with them
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 01-20-2010 at 08:23 AM.

snoopyc4

Wow, I have never seen so many angry smilies in one post before. No, you aren't screwed. Your vehicle is highly reflective so you only two choices are the LI dual or Blinder M47. For the LI dual, install the jammer heads just like this:

BTW where are you located?

Good Citizen

I WAS ANGRY!!!!!! Oh, yeah, and the cop that pulled me over was a DoD cop, 20+ years of service, ONE OF TH LIDAR INSTRUCTORS Just my luck I guess, huh?
    I am located in WA, about 40 miles from Seattle. Snoopyc, question for you. LI Dual Regular + VeilG4 should be plenty, right? Or do I have to go for the HP version? Getting LI and LI only, not taking any chances with Blinder
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 01-20-2010 at 08:24 AM.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkinen View Post
    I WAS ANGRY!!!!!! Oh, yeah, and the cop that pulled me over was a DoD cop, 20+ years of service, ONE OF TH LIDAR INSTRUCTORS Just my luck I guess, huh?
    I am located in WA, about 40 miles from Seattle. Snoopyc, question for you. LI Dual Regular + VeilG4 should be plenty, right? Or do I have to go for the HP version? Getting LI and LI only, not taking any chances with Blinder
    LI dual alone will be enough. You'll teach that lidar instructor a lesson next time you run into him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bwwKXPRIA[/ame]
    Last edited by snoopyc4; 01-19-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Lead Foot

The hired security, Pinkerton, over here @ Hanscom AFB isn't very friendly..

Power User

So you got pulled over on the base? Isn't it illegal to use a RD on a military installation?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ATF View Post
    The hired security, Pinkerton, over here @ Hanscom AFB isn't very friendly..
    Kitsap Bangor Trident base is much better in this respect, the guys at the gate are pretty cool

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    So you got pulled over on the base? Isn't it illegal to use a RD on a military installation?
    So is speeding, right? Doesn't stop us anyway The thing is the only reason I was 15 over is I spaced out and simply missed the 30 MPH sign Wasn't even speeding on purpose, trying to be cautious on base