Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default jammer config for my car and area?

i'm going to be purchasing a blinder soon and was wondering how much this setup would do in comparison to the typical m-20 installation. i am up against the Pro Laser III and the LTI ultralyte in wisconsin. i was thinking about getting an m-30 and mounting the heads like this:

do you think this would help or would the typical installation give me excellent protection against these guns?

i have a lasershield and veil already, although i did not have them on when this picture was taken.

Old Timer

Im not gonna lie, you would be better off and spending the extra 80 bucks for the m40. Against the ultralyte, that car is gonna be har dto stealth....

I would recommend this with the m40...

If you are against the lti 20 20, this is a must.

its all or nothing against an LTI. If you had an m30, if they hit the headlights i bet you would be in serous trouble. I am also mentioning this because my mother has car liek this, and the front part has a lot of flat surface, which is bad for you! M40 is a must in my opinion...

Professional

hmmm so am i back to waiting for the AL6? those air ducts are pretty small, my guess is the head would take up a good portion of it... plus, $600 is a lot of money for me so i don't know. what about the lidatek le30 dual or a different jammer? do you think i'd have better luck with that?

Yoda of Radar

Those red lines are similar in size to Blinder heads IIRC.

Antilaser! Still talking about September?

Professional

SmaartAasSaabr: yeah two more weeks, right? :wink:

Sethy, i talked to crazyVOLVOrob, and he said his lidatek le-30 dual has performed very well against the LTI ultralyte guns in NY. since i'll have to spend the money either way, i would like a smaller less consicuous system 1)becuase i dont want my parents to get suspicious of 4 black things on the front of my car and 2)i don't think its very easy to steal something like this, mostly becuase most people don't know what it is or that it even exists, but in that event, it would give me greater peace of mind having a smaller system. i dont think that many ultralytes are used close to where i live, but i know that if i travel to madison or down to chicago, there is a much greater chance of encountering it. from what i've heard from leepoffaith, its mostly the PLIII that's used in downtown milwaukee and the surrounding area when laser is ever used

Yoda of Radar

PL3? Take a universal remote control tape it to the hood making sure to press a button at the same time you'll be fine/

Professional

well i measured the air ducts and the blinder would entirely block them, so i guess that option is out.... what about the lidatek? my guess is to mount the heads pretty far out to the sides where i would have had the m20 (not entirely, but close)

Lead Foot

Are you sure that they would block the air ducts completely? The blinder heads are larger then the le-30 or the anti laser, but they arn't by any means big. I personally am in agreement with Sethy. The Blinder M-40 would cover you perfectly. If you haven't been hit with laser since September you don't need to rush out and buy a jammer so just save up and buy the m-40. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE my m-20. It has saved my butt many a time. I have my 2 jammer heads where you had originally positioned your first 2 and it seems to work very well. Unfortunatly for me I have no air duct to add 2 more jammer heads too.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    Are you sure that they would block the air ducts completely? The blinder heads are larger then the le-30 or the anti laser, but they arn't by any means big. I personally am in agreement with Sethy. The Blinder M-40 would cover you perfectly. If you haven't been hit with laser since September you don't need to rush out and buy a jammer so just save up and buy the m-40. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE my m-20. It has saved my butt many a time. I have my 2 jammer heads where you had originally positioned your first 2 and it seems to work very well. Unfortunatly for me I have no air duct to add 2 more jammer heads too.
    thats what i was thinking. they shouldnt block em completely.

Yoda of Radar

I wouldn't think it matters. The GA is more of a "bottom feeder", most the cooling air goes into the bottom of the bumper.

Plus how hot does it get in Wisconsin anyway... if the car starts overheating (I seriously doubt this) then you know to put them elsewhere...