Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default will jammers work if laser is used from a high bridge?

Hello

I'm considering getting a jammer, either the M20 or Lidatek, leaning more towards the Lidatek coz i like the 5 second auto off feature.

But here in HK, its a common practice for the cops to shoot laser from bridges, down at approaching traffic.

From what i understand, sometimes a jammer won't work if it is not mounted properly and not pointing directly at the targeting gun. If mounted correctly, it will succesfully jam laser guns that are level to your car, but what if it's used from a high bridge, i.e. targeted at you from 20-30 degrees above you? Will it work?

P.s. the lidatek is just one head, is that enough for the whole front of a car?

Advanced Member

With your VEIL job and laser sheild i think it should be good to have one transponder but some of us enthusiasts only settle for ultimate protection which is why i have 2 lidatek heads....

I think you should be fine with the one head, but you can always mount the on/off switch for the blinder in close reach so you can turn it off after you get to a certain speed

The high bridge shooting might be difficult for the jammer

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

The reason i'm getting it is because i want to remove the veil.

What about the bridge issue?

Professional

good to hear your finally wanting a jammer . although its illegal for you, its a very good idea to have one

i wouldnt remove the veil if i were you, i'd use both. most likely the cops are getting some code from your veil/lasershield already and with a jammer, it wont be any different. correct me if i'm wrong any of you GOL

i believe that the jammer will work just fine from a bridge. if i were you, i'd consider the blinder becauser its supposedly less likely to give jamming codes. what guns are you up against again? the LTI 20/20 and what else?

Advanced Member

I am sure you have seen Outrun's videos with the saturn and you notice how the angle made it easy to get a lock? reverse the angle and you have a bridge situation

Without VEIL i would recommend the Dual LE-30, One is not cut it with no veil

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Hey there! Whats up?

I wouldn't bother gettting a jammer if i wasn't removing the veil. The only reason i want it is coz i really miss my bright headlights from before. Veil does a great job, yes but it really messes up with my projector HIDs.

Sometimes i wonder if i got the older version of veil which was more dark....

Professional

Yeah, i saw the video of him with the saturn coming out of the tunnel and the blinder could not jam. I'm worried about the same thing because police always shoot laser from overhead bridges down onto approaching traffic here

Advanced Member

I guess you could go with Just the blinder M20 judging by the results from the first GoL test
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/julytest/index.html
    I personally don't trust any jammer without VEIL

Oh and since jammers are illegal when you want to be extra stealth you can hide your transponders with this thing
    http://www.a-bond.com/

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    if i were you, i'd consider the blinder becauser its supposedly less likely to give jamming codes.
    All jammers gave error codes on LTI and Stalker everytime at the GOL test.

most likely the cops are getting some code from your veil/lasershield already
    Stalker gave an error targeting's Jim's car with no jammer. The gun seems to provide an error from just not being able to get a reading whether it's jammed or not.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    if i were you, i'd consider the blinder becauser its supposedly less likely to give jamming codes.
    All jammers gave error codes on LTI and Stalker everytime at the GOL test.
    thats an interesting thing to know, i assumed that it would give codes on most guns, just like any other jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by http://radarbusters.com/support/Cannonball-2005/cannonball-radar-detectors.asp
    Blinder M-40 Xtreme

As portions of the Cannonball 2005 race was heading through a few states where laser jammers are illegal, it was decided to install a the Blinder laser jamming system as it is less likely than other models to produce a jamming code.
    thats where i remember seeing that, dont know how much less likely it really is tho... a jammer is still a jammer