Radar Fanatic

Default are laser jammers addressing rear hits?

i have run into a couple traps lately where a marksman is targetting the rear of vehicles with lidar while a couple chaser leo cars wait at the highway entrance nearby. I have run into this trap on 2 seperate occasions and i wonder if having a sensor on the rear of your vehicle would be effective in jamming this rear shot?

each time i was shot my v1 graciously alerted to rear laser and luckily i was not speeding. im guessing in this situation one would hope for advanced warning from a detector but im really wondering on the effectiveness of jamming the rear shot from lidar. my friend got nailed with a laser ticket a few months ago from the rear as the leo was hiding behind a highway bridge overpass (but with laser mounted).

when i do purchase a jammer i am strongly considering getting an extra head to put in the rear...(that is...if it would work)..are there any tests on this?

Advanced Member

There might be test in the future with my Volvo when i move my lidatek to the rear of it...

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Default Re: are laser jammers addressing rear hits?

[quote="TeamQuack"]i have run into a couple traps lately where a marksman is targetting the rear of vehicles with lidar while a couple chaser leo cars wait at the highway entrance nearby. I have run into this trap on 2 seperate occasions and i wonder if having a sensor on the rear of your vehicle would be effective in jamming this rear shot?

I too have been wondering if a rear sensor would be beneficial. Hmmm :?: I would love to see some posts of people that have tried this.

Professional

I'd like to see the "rear ambush" test added to those done by folks who test jammers.

Hint Hint. :wink:

Ed

Good Citizen

Default Rear Laser happens

I can tell you that rear laser is becoming more common. I bought a Blinder M-40 thinking the biggest threat would be from the front. I didn't get tagged once coming up 1500 miles of I-95. My first encounter with the new unit was on a tollway in Virgina from the rear. I didn't see the guy until the Blinder and V-1 went off to the rear.

Experienced

In my country police has laser linked to the videocamera (TRAFFIPAX TraffiPatrol V) and when you exceed the speed they laser you from behind, take photo and here comes the ticket. That's why I'll buy AL 6 (laser Defender) with dual heads, one for the front and one for the rear. So far only AL6.5 provided a visual and good proof of rear jamming, and wow, what jamming that was - it jammed Ultralyte and Stalker flawlessly, no "jammed" error or indication and JTG every time... Fabulous. I'm getting to think that this is THE jammer for me.

Cheetah Rep

For the most part i have no trouble jamming to the rear even with my big target are.
    It is possible to get punchthrough up to about 200' from gun, after that it stays jammed. if i aim real steady i can sometimes pull a long range shot(over 1200') if i aim at the very upper left or right taillight, but not everytime. (LTI marksman)
    once i add a middle jammer under the tailgate handle i should be more than well protected. as it stands now i'm not too concerned about it. by the time they decide to aim elsewhere, i've slowed anyway.

With the LTI and Stalker i pulled a Jam from gun, during some testing with Roy, but i got several punchthroughs too. i also got punchthroughs with the LA.
    adding and leveling another head since then seems to have helped quite a bit.