Professional

Default I now hate my car! LI install

So I got my LI system today and I now officially hate my car. After cutting my grill I found out the heads won't mount securely because the plastic is too thin/brittle. So I had to figure out what to do and came up with mounting them to the bumper in front of the grill, no obstructions and high enough to see using the LI mounting brackets...Hey this could work! Then I found out my car is about as level as a bow legged pirate with a wooden peg leg doing the chicken dance . So I finally got everything squared away and installed, got the wires run and hooked up to the CPU, got the switch installed and everything and it works!

But I now hate my car and said enough words to make a sailor blush .

I'd put this in show off your install but my camera is dead at the moment and I'm too tired to change the batteries haha. Now I can't wait to get shot with laser!

So who else hated their car if even for a day after doing a LJ install?

Power User

Default Re: I now hate my car! LI install

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay View Post
    So I got my LI system today and I now officially hate my car. After cutting my grill I found out the heads won't mount securely because the plastic is too thin/brittle. So I had to figure out what to do and came up with mounting them to the bumper in front of the grill, no obstructions and high enough to see using the LI mounting brackets...Hey this could work! Then I found out my car is about as level as a bow legged pirate with a wooden peg leg doing the chicken dance . So I finally got everything squared away and installed, got the wires run and hooked up to the CPU, got the switch installed and everything and it works!

But I now hate my car and said enough words to make a sailor blush .

I'd put this in show off your install but my camera is dead at the moment and I'm too tired to change the batteries haha. Now I can't wait to get shot with laser!

So who else hated their car if even for a day after doing a LJ install?
    What kind of car?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    What kind of car?
    1999 Buick LeSabre

Power User

I don't have anything on my car just yet, bit I don't think I'm going to hate it.

Professional

I don't really hate it, just that I had it all planned out on how I was going to do the install and then when that didn't work out made me a tad pissed haha, but all is well that ends well I suppose. No obstructions in front of the jammer heads, optimal "view" of the road and coverage of both center mass and head lights where they are at now .

Lead Foot

lol i love my car!! no complaints with it