Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Eyeing up cars for potential installs??

As many of you know, I am the buyer for RadarBusters.com. As you know, I am new to this market and all of you have been so helpful on getting me up to speed.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working with LI and Blinder getting to know their products and reading all of these posts about installs and placement and testing and feedback and opinions and well...you get the point....

A funny thing is happening to me -

Now, everytime I look at a car, I begin sizing it up for a potential jammer installation. "Wow, that Jetta would be perfect for a jammer install" "Woah, that truck is so lucky, they could easily fit a set of LI's"

Do you guys find yourself doing this? I have never been so fascinated with the front bumpers and grills of cars!

snoopyc4

Default Re: Eyeing up cars for potential installs??

Quote Originally Posted by bustersbuyer View Post
    Do you guys find yourself doing this? I have never been so fascinated with the front bumpers and grills of cars!
    You've caught the jammer placement bug. I do it all the time. The car that fascinates me the most when it comes to jammer placement is the new Camaro. It was made to have countermeasures since its grille has those nice rectangular openings (perfect for jammer heads and a remote RD).

Experienced

If I could go back LI placement would actually be a condition of purchasing a new vehicle. This will definitely be top of mind when I purchase a new vehicle. Mine aren't mounted 100% ideally, but I'm sure they work fine. I guess I'll find out after testing next week.

Radar Fanatic

It's sad, but I now only pick cars to buy with at least a decent place to install jammers. The car"s profile must have a potential for JTG results for me to buy.
    Bustersbuyer,
    have you ever shot lidar gun before?

Yoda of Radar

Now, everytime I look at a car, I begin sizing it up for a potential jammer installation. "Wow, that Jetta would be perfect for a jammer install" "Woah, that truck is so lucky, they could easily fit a set of LI's"
    Ha! That's awesome! I told you this stuff was addictive! Welcome to the jungle!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    It's sad, but I now only pick cars to buy with at least a decent place to install jammers. The car"s profile must have a potential for JTG results for me to buy.
    Bustersbuyer,

I have never shot a LIDAR gun before. I would LOVE to see this stuff in action. Hopefully I can get to a testing sometime and give this a try.

Yoda of Radar

The biggest and best is the Houston event. They have one coming up in May. Book your flight now!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

I do it too.
    I look at other rd placements, the type of car and so on.

In my own field...
    I am an electrician and am really bad when I walk into Lowes, Home Depot, and other places with exposed wiring, I'll point out to my wife how bad that looks or not level pipe runs and so on.
    She tells me to stop working and shop. My wife cleans homes and points out to me how bad it would be to clean this or that, so I tell her to stop working and shop.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    The biggest and best is the Houston event. They have one coming up in May. Book your flight now!
    X2!!!! Let me know if you'd like to come and I'll send you the meet details.

Maybe you can make us some Texas Trapsters Testing Group shirts.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    Bustersbuyer,
    I did the same thing on my car purchase. I narrowed it down between a Lexus IS350 and the Acura TL. I got the TL largely because it had horizontal slats on the grill that were very easy to mount the jammers on.

Do you guys find yourself doing this? I have never been so fascinated with the
    front bumpers and grills of cars!
    I do the same thing. I always think of how easy it would be to mount jammers on particular cars I see. I always check the grills of cars as well looking for jammers, especially when I'm walking through parking lots.