Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thinking about a Laser Jammer

Ok so now that I got my V1 and had it for a week. People were saying that I should look into laser jammers. I have a Jeep Liberty for now... But soon am getting a new car. Not sure what it is yet but its either gonna be an ///M3 or something like an STi for that matter. I want to buy the laser jammers and put them in the truck but is it an easy uninstall to put them in the next car? What would be the best bet for my car now (Jeep) laser jammer wise? And I think I saw it on the radarbusters site before but just want to ask again. In NY if they catch you with LJ's can they do anything? Thanks alot. Any other advice would be greatful.

• Size of vehicle – Jeep Liberty (Midsize Truck)
    • Colour of vehicle – Silver
    • Shape of vehicle – I guess rounded somewhat
    • Amount of chrome –Grill is black, inserts are yellow but yellow can be removed if needed.
    • Front licence plate – Yes its NY wackk
    • Lights – HID's headlights. Yellow foglights

Three different angles you can try to see the front at and the last one the grill is a little closer to see which the yellow could be removed in order for the heads to blend in with the way the black was before.

I had to attach the images in another post I couldn't edit this one with the pictures so it's on the second page if you guys don't mind looking thanks.
    Last edited by Mikeymikes; 05-05-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Professional

Default Re: Thinking about a Laser Jammer

I've been with radar detectors for years and since this site, its has me right on the edge for a laser jammer. Just lack of funds but wll get one soon. With the jammers, you have to mount them in a special way, level, etc. You can't take it on and off like a radar detector.

I'm in NY also but haven't gotten my jammer yet. Just like everyone said, don't JTG.

Andrew

Yea I want to get them but I'm not sure when I'm positively getting a new car. Plus if I did get them I wish I could get someone who knows how to install them because I don't want to buy them and have me try it or send it to a shop where they've never done it before. If I want I could order them tomorrow but just want some opinions that's all. And thanks for your response by the way.

Power User

There is no problem having them in NY. They're "parking sensors' but try not to JTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    There is no problem having them in NY. They're "parking sensors' but try not to JTG.
    But if you get caught what happens and say they know its jammers? Also with this JTG seems like its jamming the gun buts what JTK mean? I seen that a couple of times.

Yoda of Radar

Thumbs down Re: Thinking about a Laser Jammer

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymikes View Post
    ...what JTK mean?
    The only stupid question is the question that is already answered in a Sticky.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    ...what JTK mean?
    The only stupid question is the question that is already answered in a Sticky.
    My bad my bad.

Yoda of Radar

No worries. We're campaigning to get an explanation of JTK stamped in huge red letters on every jammer box!

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Should I post information about my car like the details it has on FAQ so people can tell me what I should get on this post or start a new one?

Yoda of Radar

Should I post information about my car like the details it has on FAQ so people can tell me what I should get on this post or start a new one?
    Here is good. Edit it into your original post, and I'll move the thread over to the "Advice on Placement" section for you.